Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    After I delete a text message (either individual, or entire conversation), it re appearers when I open the messaging app again. Also, if an IM account is added, there is no option to sign out or any status change for that matter when the green circle is tapped... any fixes besides doctoring?
  2. 27
    Perhaps destiny wants you to keep these messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Perhaps destiny wants you to keep these messages.
    lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by fayho View Post
    After I delete a text message (either individual, or entire conversation), it re appearers when I open the messaging app again. Also, if an IM account is added, there is no option to sign out or any status change for that matter when the green circle is tapped... any fixes besides doctoring?
    I recently read that someone had this issue.. I'll try and find it..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If I delete an entire sms conversation... it asks if Im really willing to do so.. that its in-revertible... then I got another sms from the person... and whoa... all the sms are there again..
    it's a sign from God. You must be sacrificed to the volcano.

In all seriousness, this is happened to me too. Try resetting your phone and try again. Usually works for me.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    mine will not do a wholesale conversation dump but it will allow me to delete the messages one at a time.
    mine does it too. Really annoyong. I just stopped deleting them.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Good its not just me!!! this is really ****ing me off so i doctored my phone (for the first time) on saturday hoping to solve it the problem... it worked them i managed to screw up my phone an hour later?? so confused... before i loose the point. it solved the problem.......... FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS!!!!!!!! so if anyone no's how to fix this it would be very helpful cause i have like 20 convos and dont feel like deleting +1000 messages individually!!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_Shields_PRE View Post
    Good its not just me!!! this is really ****ing me off so i doctored my phone (for the first time) on saturday hoping to solve it the problem... it worked them i managed to screw up my phone an hour later?? so confused... before i loose the point. it solved the problem.......... FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS!!!!!!!! so if anyone no's how to fix this it would be very helpful cause i have like 20 convos and dont feel like deleting +1000 messages individually!!!
    NEVER MIND FOR NOW!!! i dont no about u guys(and gals) i just unistalled "new card per convo" and did a luna restart and it solved the problem
    Messages are now backed up with your Palm Profile once daily. If you reboot your phone after deleting a message, BUT BEFORE YOUR PROFILE SYNC'D WITH YOUR DEVICE (remember that's only once a day), then it'll come back. The only way to get rid of the message is if you delete it and make sure to not reboot your phone till after the Profile sync. Alternatively, you can choose "Back Up Now" from the "Backup" app right after you delete the message.
    this s known as the tiger woods bug. Specifically requested by Elan Woods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this s known as the tiger woods bug. Specifically requested by Elan Woods.
    So Tiger is in the "early access program" or he got a bootleg version of 2.x?
    it is not really a bug peeeps !! if you delete a long convo or alot of convo's all at once , and then a text comes in in the middle of the deletion it will stop the deletion process . when you delete programs on your computer it takes a little bit to finish the deletion process and even longer if the program was rather large right !?!?! so if you do thid on the phone its the same thing. so next time you delete a long convo or alot of convo's at the same time just give it 5 min and then check , because when you open the messaging app to check or if you get a message well it just stops the deletion .

and im pretty sure that messaging is not something thats backed up on palm profile but they could have changed it in 2.1.0 but im not sure .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Messages are now backed up with your Palm Profile...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ...they could have changed it in 2.1.0 but im not sure .
    Right.
    im still not thinking that if you deleted them on your phone that they would be put back on your phone . thats absurd.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ^
    It may be 'wrong' of them, but right now this is fact.
    well try deleting those messages and then wait until morning to mess with them and see if they are gone . ive not seen them come back myself
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ummm so I guess they are deleting then ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I had this problem as well. I found that if I opened the conversation and deleted individual messages at a time this solved the problem. I hate the message app being cluttered up with craigslist people that I will never text again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast