Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    so my damn power button decides to crap out on me. So I think I read on her about a rubber band in there. So I tried for 30 mins cutting a perfect sliced teeny tiny rubber band. Before it would act as if it was being held down and give the option to power down or airplane mode. W/e I cut the perfect sized piece. So if yall didn't know use a way small piece of rubber band. Use a razor blade....i used scissors ugh lame. Thanks for reading
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnatki View Post
    so my damn power button decides to crap out on me. So I think I read on her about a rubber band in there. So I tried for 30 mins cutting a perfect sliced teeny tiny rubber band. Before it would act as if it was being held down and give the option to power down or airplane mode. W/e I cut the perfect sized piece. So if yall didn't know use a way small piece of rubber band. Use a razor blade....i used scissors ugh lame. Thanks for reading
    What svc you have?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    svc? As in service. Sprint. I've already taken my phpne in before for the volume. They didn't charge me and gave me a new/refurb. So I lucked out. With no insurance.
    I didn't know there was a rubber band there. Could you post pics? I had to tape a small piece of folded paper in between the plastic button and the contact point to fix my old Pre. But looks like they replaced it for me as well.
    Aluminum foil works very well actually.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    no. There was no rubber band in there. It's lik a gold looking plastic. I left that in and just ct a tiny piece of rubber band and stuck it in there. Takes a few trys but I got it. I would post pics but I don't have a digital camera. My pre is my camera.
    See #9 for pictures.

9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup

PS I can recommend #4, creaky keyboard fix, as well.