Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what ? you dont know ruby ?? Palm CEO Jon “Ruby” Rubinstein
    Oh. That Ruby.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    In that case, hasn't someone extracted it and found a way to install it on non-Sprint devices?

When it's officially out, will it be from HP to everybody or will carriers/networks release?
    as far as rumours go, HP takes over the control of updates in the future. It comes as OTA update. We will see all that on the coming wednesday.

I also expect webOS2 to be relased some days after feb9th.

But I will probably be able to tell you when it is near before that, because: on my Pre2 in Germany, the 2.0 app catalog app is not fully working, as there are no suggested apps in the german catalog system. This should change prior to the overall-launch of webOS 2.0 because then they need this information. So the full app catalog experience should be available shortly before the update rolls out. You will see this information on precentral.net main site, I think.

And just because of that, it is likely, that they release webOS2 some days after feb9th, because they have to activate all the remote services on their servers, which would give some people an early insight on what is coming, what they for sure want to avoid prior to their official announcement.
    I'm fairly sure you can't get either of the Palm Pre models on O2 UK any more. I'm hoping it's because they're getting ready for new stock.... But I fear they've just had more success with other phones. On their store "Palm" doesn't even come up as a choice of Brand to filter search by.

So, 27, if you want a palm/hp might be best waiting to see what's coming. Although O2 uk does have a "coming soon" and there's no HP phones there!
    Lots of the apps you want should be coming in with the implementation of 2.x here soon.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post

So, 27, if you want a palm/hp might be best waiting to see what's coming. Although O2 uk does have a "coming soon" and there's no HP phones there!
    The Pre 2 is essentially the Pre Plus with a faster processor, better camera and new OS, isn't it?
    The Pre 2 is essentially the Pre Plus with a faster processor, better camera and new OS, isn't it?
    Yup pretty much and has been described as blazingly fast compared to a Pre Plus. Not to mention, better build quality.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Okay for Podcasts I use two apps. DrPodder for autodownload, keeping, and it's just a great app. Mediafly to use like SIRIUS Satellite radio. I love DrPodder, but I listen to music, news, or comedy through my car radio speaker from Mediafly.
    WAIT FOR THE BETTER DEVICES. They will be announced Wednesday and available in 2 or 3 weeks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    WAIT FOR THE BETTER DEVICES. They will be announced Wednesday and available in 2 or 3 weeks!
    I agree. If I didn't already have my Pre, I'd wait to see the new device.
    The build quality and speed of the Pre+ are seriously lacking compared to most modern smartphones. The Pre2 makes a world of difference in both these regions. If you can afford it I would highlt recommend getting the Pre2. Or waiting for new devices.
  11. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    The build quality and speed of the Pre+ are seriously lacking compared to most modern smartphones. The Pre2 makes a world of difference in both these regions. If you can afford it I would highlt recommend getting the Pre2. Or waiting for new devices.
    What is currently known of the new phones?
    In terms of performance, what's the difference between a Pre 2 and an overclocked Pre plus?
  12. 27
    Is there any difference between the free and paid versions?
    Anybody?
    Anybody?
    Dr Podder HB(homebrew) is vers 0.7.7

And the app cat is 0.7.8, I'm not sure what changed though.. The both are 2.0 compatible

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Official Thread

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-k-prepod.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by danielmader View Post
    Hi, just my personal opinions follow:

> When will WebOS 2.0 be available for the Pre Plus?

Given all previous marketing decisions (selling the device exclusively in 9 countries or so not keeping promises with updates, the still present bugs in the software), maybe in half a year or so. No. Make this a year.

Because otherwise, happy long-term webOS users (if still in existence) could eventually tell people that v2.0 rocks and that a Palm device is a good buy.

But using such a word-of-mouth strategy is in harsh contrast with previous Palm business. They think ****ing users off works better.

> Are the following apps available for this platform:
    > Amazon Kindle,

I don't think so.

> Barcode Scanner/Shopper (or any barcode scan and price comparison app),

There's about one, but it won't do what you want as it can only read certain types, and there's no app to my knowledge which would provide the lookup.

> Runkeerer (or any similar GPS tracking app),

Now, there are a couple, even free ones. You should be fine.

> Skype,

This is a mantra that you should learn by heart: NO VOIP OR ANYTHING ALIKE FOR WEBOS. Because this matches with US-centric development. Ask a dev why there is no SIP stack or anything and they will answer: "But why, it's already a phone, why add more phone to it?!"

Which is crazy talk and totally forgets about other parts of the world where people actually have a passport and even use it to travel to other countries but don't want to spend their budget on horrific roaming costs.

> Shazaam,

Sorry, never heard.

> Any app for getting podcasts to the device

Don't know, since I don't use it. But I doubt it.

If I can give you an honest advice: go get some Android phone. webOS is dead. They will never be able to catch up the lag caused by all their wrongdoings. And the current bs they do to further disappoint their customers with the delayed release of v2.0 is just proof for this.

Just select the maker carefully so that you'll get updates and those in time.

Best,
    Daniel from Austria
    Rumor has it that an Amazon Kindle app is heading to the new PalmPad and the Pre2 on Verizon is supposed to have Skype.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Dr. Podder has been the best podcast app on the mobile platform I ever saw,

I tried several podcast app on android glaxy tab, none as good.
    I can't agree more, I have an iPhone for work which I tried using for podcasts, but I rarely sync it up to my laptop anymore. Had an Optimus S (android phone from LG) and I couldn't find any thing near as awesome as drPodder, for anything less than $5-$10.

drPodder rocks, the interface could use a bit of freshening up, but the functionality of an app weighs heavier on me than prettiness
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12