Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, heres a little tip I have for people who use there pre for music, or people who would like to but don't because of the battery issues.
    I use my pre @ work to listen to music with a pair of headphones. To get through my 10 hr shift I bought 2 extra batteries and every night I have to put in the 3rd battery to get through the last hour.
    Last week I spent 50 bux on a Rocketfish stereo bluetooth headset. 1st of all the sound quality blows my mind. At first I thought I would use even more battery because I would have to turn bluetooth on. What happened was the exact opposite, because i'm not using the phones built in speaker I am getting through the whole shift with 1 battery! AMAZING!
    Just thought I would share my experience!

-Medina
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I did it with a jawbone bluetooth & the problem I had was that the earpiece would act up when the pre's screen went dark. And if left on, that killed battery & led to many mis presses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMedina3000 View Post
    ....because i'm not using the phones built in speaker I am getting through the whole shift with 1 battery! AMAZING!
    Interesting. I never thought about the fact that the built in speaker would drain the battery that much. But then again, I never thought about listing to music for hours over the built in speaker.

I would still assume that using a bluetooth headset would use more battery than a wired headset.
    I have used the BT Backbeat 903s now for over a year now (also has built in phone functions too) and have really been happy with them. If you can stay within 30 feet of your Pre you can have it charging too.
  5.    #5  
    I know I said built in speaker but I meant wired headphones. I think it's cuz the pre battery has to amplify the music and with the rocketfish stereo the headset amplifys the music.

I just can't believe it more then doubled (almost tripled) my playback time by usin the bluetooth phones

-medina
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip didn't relize that bluetooth stereo headphones were more battery effiecient than wired headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by kanucme View Post
    I did it with a jawbone bluetooth & the problem I had was that the earpiece would act up when the pre's screen went dark. And if left on, that killed battery & led to many mis presses.
    Did you use Govnah with the screenstate governor?
    I too like the backbeat 903s although the wire tends to slip off the ear and also the outer plastic casing on one of the earphones is broken, a rather flimsy cover
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I listen to music with my Pre two ways - through the wired earphones (and love it, the Pre is a great MP3 player and the standard headphones provide GREAT sound), and also by connecting the phone to two big speakers in my office.

That sounds great too, and i nether seems to drain the battery any more than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I too like the backbeat 903s although the wire tends to slip off the ear and also the outer plastic casing on one of the earphones is broken, a rather flimsy cover
    I think they have a year warranty, check the Platronics website, I had mine replaced awhile back.
  11.    #11  
    [QUOTE=pointy;2849999]Bluetooth is def not better for my battery than wired headset. Bluetooth drains my battery fast.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

I'm tellin you i've been goin through 2 full batteries and part of a 3rd for a year now when I use wired phones. The RocketFish BT phones I get through the whole shift with the 1st battery. And that's with music playin non-stop. Maybe it's becuz these are designed 4 music, maybe no. All I do know is that I definitely get more then twice the battery life when using these phones over wired.

-medina
    You're right, my Pre uses around 8% battery charge per hour when playing my BT headset.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    what does it use if you are using the headphones. It doesn't make sense to me because the power to send a wireless signal should be much higher than the power to drive very very, very small speakers
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I had read a positive review or two on that speaker and hadn't heard any firsthand reviews. Good to know.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  15.    #15  
    my pre also uses about 8% an hour with bt headphones. When I'm using wired it's using about 20 - 22% an hour. It doesn't make sense 2 me either, that's y I started this post cuz it's a significant difference.

-medina
    That's funny, cuz when I used my Motorola ROKR bluetooth headphones with my Pre, the battery drained REALLY fast. It really doesn't make any sense to me that the battery is lasting longer when having to send a bluetooth signal which requires more power. Going through 3 batteries in 10 hours sounds pretty extreme, too. I use my Pre for music a lot and I get a good 5 -6 hours out of it just playing music on one battery with around 20% still left. Maybe it depends on the headphones? Cuz, like I said earlier, bluetooth headphones killed my battery life.
  17.    #17  
    I hear ya. I don't go through all 3 batteries but I go through 2 and 10 % of my 3rd compared to 1 battery all night with the rocketfish. Part of it may be not having to open my phone to adjust volume and change tracks, I do that right through the bt phones
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I originally thought you had a short somehow BUT the that is probably a huge huge factor because as soon as you turn on the screen, you start killing the battery. Do you just leave the phone in your pocket now?

BTW, I use the button on my Palm headphones to advance the song when using the regular music player. I also don't adjust the volume (that also turns the screen on).
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  19.    #19  
    yeah, I broke the palm headphones so when I'm wired it's with a pair of sonys (cant advance track). I don't do it often but just a little makes a huge difference I guess

-medina
    At work, im either listening over bluetooth headphones, or i have the phone plugged into the store's sound system. Its either dr podder or pandora. Im using an extended battery, but i also have gps and 3g off when im not using them, which saves alot of juice.

Oh, and only recently, ive found that 3g and wifi will interfere with my bluetooth reception when theyr on sometimes. Its only when i have one of those on, and i know its not anything else, because i garbage collect and it happens, and i even have restarted my phone and it happens. Its probably when my phone is automaticalky getting email data or backing up or something like that.

Also, sometimes pandora doesnt go to the next song. Ive found that leaving the screen on helps. Maybe it just makes the phone more alert.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast