1.    #1  
    hi all

i lost my palm pre last month, my insurance has payed out but im waiting to see what they have up there sleave on the 9th before i get a new phone, but i need the phone numbers that are on my palm profile, i was wondering if there was a way to get them without a phone(or useing android)

thankyou in advance

stef
    can't be done. You should go to the carrier store, have them activate a Pre temporarily to restore your profile.

Then you have two choices. You can have them use their cellebrite box to copy them to whatever phone you are currently using... or you can use the cellebrite hash code to email them to yourself. Then de-activate the Pre.

BTW, this is why I always tell people not to put stuff in their Palm Profile... so this will serve as a warning to future generation that come behind you - until Palm adds web access to the Profile info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    so this will serve as a warning to future generation that come behind you
    Wow - we'd better put this on the front page then!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Wow - we'd better put this on the front page then!!!
    so that data won't have dies in vein.
    I think some people have been able to access it, by using the webOS emulator on a computer.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I use google instead of the Palm Profile for this very reason, but I understand people are afraid of google having access to their personal info...
  7.    #7  
    it just never occurred to me to use google tbh
    yes i agree..using the evil google to store contacts is much easier to manage
    I've been using Google for that stuff, since they first launched Gmail as a beta.

Sent from my eVo
    Use Google to manage your contacts in the future - but to solve this it depends on how you want the numbers? Do you just need them so you can transfer them elsewhere, or are you looking to transfer these to a different phone? If you just need to look at the numbers, I would suggest using the emulator, sign in to your profile and you should be able to look at them. From there you should be able to transfer them to google on the computer - although to do this you would probably have to type them in to do that, it would accomplish what you are looking for. Palm profile is a good tool, but there are some drawbacks and this is one - it is platform dependent. Google contacts is not, which is why I use them. Hope this helps, and good luck.
    With the emulator, they may be able to export as a CSV file.

Sent from my eVo
    I use google for personal and exchange for work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Try this, I don't know if this helps, but it is for lost palm phones.

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    educational thread