Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    When i'm turning on Palm Pre it's restart always in about 30 seconds. I've connected my Palm Pre to webOS Doctor but after 8% i see that my Pre is disconnect. Help, i don't know what to do
    Doctor disconnects at 8%

If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).

First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

After it boots, run novaterm:

novaterm

Once connected to the device, type:

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

then type:

mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks! But i don't know how i can put the device into recovery mode and memboot : l
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yeah i know but my Pre is continually disconnects at 8% in Doctor : (

If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).

First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novaterm

lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure

then type:

Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.

I don't know how to membot the device
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Please it's very important to me
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    No one knows? Help, i can't use my phone
    Did you follow the steps that GuyFromNam provided in post 4? If so, what were your results?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Like i said it's always disconnect at 8%. i followed the steps that GuyFromNam provided in post 4 but it's still the same. I want to do this:

novaterm

then type:

But i don't know how to this. I don't uderstand this part:

then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novaterm

then type:

I don't know where i can do this
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So i downloaded novaterm but i still don't understand this part:

--> then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):

novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage <--

and in novaterm i must connect to localhost, right?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks. I've unrared webOS Doctor jar and i can't find "uImage". I've searched and i couldn't find it. I understand that after it i must open novacom and type it: boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage in novacom, right?
    Thanks for help : )
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Oh My God! Thanks! I love you mate!
    Hi guys im having too much trable trying to insatall the uberkernal, somo im going to stay away from it. now im trying to doctor my phone, but i think i have a corupt usb drive, i red the instructions on how to recover, but i cant understant the instructions. Can any one explein me step by step what to do?
    I conect the phone but once i do it it gets to 4% and the computer show as if the phone was being disconected and conected back againg once it gets to 8% after that at about 55% it sais that the phone was disconected and that there is an error. i tryed like 5 times with same results. can you helpe me please.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    you need to start the process in recovery mode.

Remove battery and disconnect phone from PC.

Start osDoctor and follow prompts until it tells you to connect phone.

with battery removed, hold up-volume on phone and plug it in to pc

when the big question mark shows up, continue to hold down the button and insert the battery

when the USB symbol appears on the phone, release the button.

it will verify charge level before continuing, so that could take up to 15 minutes before it will continue. And that will take care of it.
    I did,and nothing, the thing is that the computer disconects the usb wen doctor is at 4% then it reconects with it at 8%. now i try to follo this:
    Doctor disconnects at 8%

novaterm
    then type:

But i dont understand it, can some one use simpler words? step by step.

Thank you guys-
    Guys i have the same problem, and the last instructions are a lot more cleare, i found the file nova-installer-image-castle.uImage, but when i go to program file i cant find the rest, this is what im seeing on my computer C:\program file\palm Inc,\Novacom\(x86). so i cant fine the file where im supost to copy paste nova-installer-image-castle.uImage, please help me
    Yes, the problem is that i dont have this on my computer C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin i just cant find it.
    Yes thank you, you are right i did not see the link, thank you man.
    Ok i got this far:
    Copy&paste: mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media
    i got : unable to get drive geometry, using defult 4/16
    what i do wrong?
    Last edited by pablo1gr; 02/07/2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I've run into this issues a few times recently with the webOS doctor. Here's what I did to fix it -

1. Uninstall Novacom drivers from Windows
    2. Shut down Pre
    3. Ran webOS doctor, and followed instructions

Before connecting the Pre,
    4. As Cantaffordit has stated above, hold the up-volume before you plug in USB cable
    5. Let Windows install the Novacom drivers

After that the software webOS doctor should take care of the rest. It takes a while so just be patient.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast