Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    <<threads merged>>
    Ok.. someone please help. I have a palm pre that I'm trying to flash.. I did a master clear which won't let me go anywhere since I need to activate the palm profile. However, as most everyone else is experiencing, there is no connection. So I can't even create one.

Sooo... I read the thread and followed directions.

I got to the point where I flashed the img with the command prompt.

But the problem is, when I get novacomd or even novaterm or even novacom.. I can't execute anything. The terminal will actually go as far as connecting to my phone via bootie (freaking hilarious word btw) but it won't take any commands. I can type all day, nothing shows up on the terminal.

The only way I can get it to recovery is by plugging it in USB, pressing the power button until it turns off, holding the volume up button. That's the ONLY thing that works.. Nothing else works, trust me, I tried all of them 50 gillion times.

Then i connect it with my webos, but it gets to 4% and then just reboots!!! Piece of dddong!! Then the webos will tell me my phone was disconnected.

Any ideas? Rod?

thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you need to start the process in recovery mode.

Remove battery and disconnect phone from PC.

Start osDoctor and follow prompts until it tells you to connect phone.

with battery removed, hold up-volume on phone and plug it in to pc

when the big question mark shows up, continue to hold down the button and insert the battery

when the USB symbol appears on the phone, release the button.

it will verify charge level before continuing, so that could take up to 15 minutes before it will continue. And that will take care of it.
    On a related note. I got an used sprint pre as a backup phone and I am trying to install palm's profile bypass tool. I have tried many times to put it into recovery mode following the instructions on Palm site and on the thread. It simply wont go into recovery mode. Any other way to make this happen ?
    Thanks,
    Louie
    Quote Originally Posted by beastybob401 View Post
    Ok.. someone please help. I have a palm pre that I'm trying to flash.. I did a master clear which won't let me go anywhere since I need to activate the palm profile. However, as most everyone else is experiencing, there is no connection. So I can't even create one.

But the problem is, when I get novacomd or even novaterm or even novacom.. I can't execute anything. The terminal will actually go as far as connecting to my phone via bootie (freaking hilarious word btw) but it won't take any commands. I can type all day, nothing shows up on the terminal.

The only way I can get it to recovery is by plugging it in USB, pressing the power button until it turns off, holding the volume up button. That's the ONLY thing that works.. Nothing else works, trust me, I tried all of them 50 gillion times.

Then i connect it with my webos, but it gets to 4% and then just reboots!!! Piece of dddong!! Then the webos will tell me my phone was disconnected.

Any ideas? Rod?

thanks
    I'm having the same issue, I've done the above several times (successfully & with the same version of the Doctor and with the previous one) and it gets to 4% and when the phone should re-boot the screen either goes black (once) or dims slightly and the USB icon stays there. Eventually it tells me "Unable to reset your phone. Please go to palm support for help"... Any next steps or ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by beastybob401 View Post

Any ideas? Rod?

thanks
    I'm having the same issue, I've done the above several times (successfully & with the same version of the Doctor and with the previous one) and it gets to 4% and when the phone should re-boot the screen either goes black (once) or dims slightly and the USB icon stays there. Eventually it tells me "Unable to reset your phone. Please go to palm support for help"... Any next steps or ideas?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Does all of this still apply? I doctored one time before and don't seem to remember having to do all of this. I need to doctor my phone before getting the replacement tonight. If i have to go through all of this, i probably wont doctor it.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit:
    Got it from internals....worked like a champ!
    Last edited by Shineon; 03/08/2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Inside the webOS Doctor, there is in a 'resources' folder.
    In that folder, double-click 'webOS.tar'. It's right there: nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

I've never actually had to do this, but I guess it's something like this:

1. Place this file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin" (this location depends on your OS - pls change if needed; below as well)
    2. Put the device in Recovery mode.
    3. Open a command line window in Windows: Start>Run>cmd.exe
    4. Copy&paste: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    5. Copy&paste: novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage

Device will boot.
    6. Open a command line window in Windows: Start>Run>cmd.exe
    7. Copy&paste: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    8. Copy&paste: novacom -t open tty://
    9. Copy&paste: lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure
    10. Copy&paste: lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    11. Copy&paste: mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media

If anyone feels anything needs correcting, just feel free to holler.
    When I type in the lvm.static etc it says 'command not found' won't let me do anything! Help!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    I dont know what I am doing wrong. I have done all the steps 50 times over again. There seems to be nothing that I can do to get webos doc to get past 8%. Im at a loss.
    The only thing that I could see going wrong is after I do the actual format line it says
    "unable to get drive geometry, using default 4/16"
    Ive done some googleing and it looks to be like thats normal, but as soon as thats done, I disconnect and put in recovery and try to doc it, and stuck at 8 ****ing percent again.
    Is there some kind of disconnect something that I have to do to make this work, if not ANY other suggestions would be amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Read the WHOLE thread...
    Hi.

I installed uberkernel in my palm pre 2 and everything went wrong. After that the phone always reboot after some seconds. I the put my phone in recovery mode and WEBOS doctor didn't solve anything. After that I followed this steps but my in step 5 the cmd window didn't show me progress (the image i found in webos doctor jar was nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage).

Any ideas.

If you can help I woulr really appreciate it

thanks for your help
    have palm pre 2 in recovery mode computer shows that it's connected but this is what I get

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\ROG>cd "C:\Program Files"

C:\Program Files>cd "HP webOS"

C:\Program Files\HP webOS>cd sdk\bin

C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin>novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-cas
    tle.uImage
    failed to connect to server

C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12