Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hi everybody i have just bought a palm pre in england, and i cant login to activate it. heres what i have tried so far

the shop i bought it from ran the first time run wizard and i wasnt paying attention to the answers they gave. following that i was asked to create a profile and sign in. i proceeded to fill in my email and password (password used to access my email), after that it either fails instantly and gives an error about the sim not configured correctly or it says logging in and seems to take ages, i have left it for 10 minutes or more and it wont go past that screen, all this despite the fact i am about 3 feet from my wireless router. i tried pressing the wifi signal meter (signal strength in upper right corner of screen) and nothing appears. i also pressed cancel and told it to make an emergency to add credit to the phone. but still i cant get passed the login screen. can anybody help please ?
    You typically have to be on your carrier's wireless network in order for it to be activated. Which carrier do you use?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i am on o2 pay and go. how do i find the internet settings without activating the phone because i cant get past the sign in, and cant see any sms texts even if i have them
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    needed to enter mobile internet settings, now sorted. thanks to all who replied.