Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I want to call a person and see where they are located. (Yep, I've got a teen.) What program does this?

Also, is there a ringtone program out there that has tv tunes on it. I miss my "Mission Impossible" for my email alerts. I'm actually missing my alerts because I'm using the installed alerts. How can I add louder, more dynamic alerts.

For some reason the search feature is timing out on my cpu.

--------------------------------

UPDATE: search working now and I'm looking at pringtones site for downloads. (scratch that one, doesn't seem to be up anymore) now I'm looking at myxer.com

Thanks
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/03/2011 at 05:05 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Implanting a GPS chip is easier if you have trust issues.
    Uhhh, If you are not going to answer the question, why respond.

I know phones have the ability to do this, so....

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    What kind of phones do you and your teen have and what carrier(s)?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What kind of phones do you and your teen have and what carrier(s)?
    Thanks, we both have Pre's and we're on Sprint.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sprint has a family tracker application, you might consider that. It does cost per month.
    Dan
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Sprint has a family tracker application, you might consider that. It does cost per month.
    Kewl, that's an option. Thanks!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Ok, I want to call a person and see where they are located. (Yep, I've got a teen.) What program does this?

Also, is there a ringtone program out there that has tv tunes on it. I miss my "Mission Impossible" for my email alerts. I'm actually missing my alerts because I'm using the installed alerts. How can I add louder, more dynamic alerts.

For some reason the search feature is timing out on my cpu.

--------------------------------

UPDATE: search working now and I'm looking at pringtones site for downloads. (scratch that one, doesn't seem to be up anymore) now I'm looking at myxer.com

Thanks
    mmm... you can use cellflare which is available through the App Catalog and then use ModeSwitcher to start it every day or at a specific time.

and for the ringtone thing you can use the free music ringtones app from james harris...if the mission impossible theme is in iTunes it will be there
    Uhhh, If you are not going to answer the question, why respond.

I know phones have the ability to do this, so....
    Cause this is a forum, and we all have opinions.

FindMyPhone or something: is that an option? You could perhaps track the Pre via the website. I think that's what it does.
    GM also try zedge.com ....literally millions of downloadable wallpapers and ringtones in every imaginable category. The drawback is you have to download to a PC and then transfer to your phone, not a big deal for me, might for some. If you go there you can download without becoming a member, but I suggest you do fill out the form as it will let you download 10 or so items and then force a 15 second break before continuing. Again not a huge issue, but something to be aware of. They don't spam you either, er....maybe, I'm not sure to be honest, not enough for me to notice
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    If you both have Google accounts, I'd recommend patching the Maps app to use Latitude, and using one of the Latitude updating apps.

As for ringtones, Free Music Ringtones (which is making a comeback I hear) is the one you want to get. After hacking your phone, find the .ipk file, install, and enjoy.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks everyone,

I'm still on the learning curve with the Pre and some programs are more user friendly than others.

I wasted quite some time this morning with a ringer web-site and still didn't get the ringtone to install on my phone.

While some programs are not really necessary, I like the fun factor, anything usefully geeky!

Thanks everyone,

I'm still on the learning curve with the Pre and some programs are more user friendly than others.

I wasted quite some time this morning with a ringer web-site and still didn't get the ringtone to install on my phone.

While some programs are not really necessary, I like the fun factor, anything usefully geeky!
    The easiest way to install ringtones on your Pre is to download them from the web to your computer (preferably MP3 format). Then drag and drop them to the Pre when connected.
    And the Sprint locator is easily defeated, all they have to do is turn off their phone or turn the GPS off and it's useless.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And the Sprint locator is easily defeated, all they have to do is turn off their phone or turn the GPS off and it's useless.

Sent from my eVo
    I use it for my daughter's, they. Know if they turn it off they are dead meat.

Evo-lution
    Try phonezoo.com for the ring tones. I've found a lot of fun ones there. It's free & works with the Pre.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Try phonezoo.com for the ring tones. I've found a lot of fun ones there. It's free & works with the Pre.
    Thanks, but omg isn't there a site you can just send a ringtone directly to the Pre phone without registering, and it works?

Haha, sorry about the rant, I registered for another site yesterday and nada.

put google latitude on the phone.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Thanks, but omg isn't there a site you can just send a ringtone directly to the Pre phone without registering, and it works?

Haha, sorry about the rant, I registered for another site yesterday and nada. I just hate getting junk mail so I'm hoping I won't be getting anymore.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i registered at phonezoo.com didn't get the text message with the code, instructions said go to the site so I then went to site on the phone hit download and I CAN'T FIND THE RINGTONE. LOL, I can't win here!

Can someone pls. tell me where the downloaded ringtones are found? I looked under "Sounds"... not there, then I went to the texting program I was trying to use the ringtone in and clicked under "Alert" and "Ringtone" and did not see it in either place.

Just thought of something, would "Talking Caller ID" program inhibit the installation of other ringtones?

Thanks
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/04/2011 at 03:38 AM.

go to zedge.com.....you don't HAVE to register, it isn't necessary, but you will find out why it is helpful soon enough. Pick a ringtone under the DOWNLOAD tab. It will ask you if you want to download to your PC. Pick yes. I found it helpful to have an empty folder (named it zedge, go figure) and sent my downloads to that.
    with the usb cord connect your phone to your PC and when your phone asks just charge or usb, pick usb.

a window opens "Palm Pre" find the folder named RINGERS or RINGTONES and drag and drop your ringers there. When you are done make sure to EJECT your Pre and you are done, finito.

easy as pie
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    This is what I use for ringtones. Works great

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast