1.    #1  
    I have a question hopefully someone can answer. I already have a Pre. I bought another one form a guy here on precentral & just got it. I want to switch my service over to the new one but I'd like to still use my old one with wifi, like a PDA. How do I do this without have to change my Palm Profile, I want to use my apps that I've bought on both phones. Is there anyway to do this & if so, is it easy enough for a beginner to make work. Will I have any problems with both having the same profile. I don't need to keep adding apps to the old one, just want to use what I have now & on wifi if possible. If I can't use wifi too & would be happy to just use the apps that are on it now without any net options. If I put it in airplane mode will that be enough? Or just disable data? Thanks for any feedback possible.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    You can only use your profile on one, if you install it on your new one, your profile will be wiped on the old one, I believe even over WiFi (please someone correct me if I'm wrong). I did the Sprint Pre Plus conversion, but bought a used but broken (but good comm board) Pre Minus and a Verizon Plus, and since I didnt want to wipe out my good Pre Minus. To make sure I could still use it in Wifi, I set up a new profile on the Sprint Pre Plus.

The way I understand the purchasing of apps is that the "licsense" is for one phone. I just bought what I wanted on my new profile. The apps aren't that expensive and it was a good way to support the developers.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  3.    #3  
    I don't want to update it to 2.0 & I really don't need internet on it either. I have classic on it & want to still use it & a few other apps. If I put it in airplane mode will that work? Then I can use the new one as a smart phone & the old one as just a PDA.