Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today i got my 5th phone, in the last 9months.. due to just issues with the phone its self. I love this phone, i love love love it more then any other phone i have ever had. The thing is that the verizon guy told me, if i have issues with this phone i can get a new phone of my choice next time, and of course he said we are getting the iphone you know, and i said, sorry I DO NOT want the iphone, i just dont. I love my palm, i dont want another phone.
    How many of you have had this happen? Are others of you having this many problems with pre pluses in this short amount of time? i hate having to go in and get the phone switched out and reinstall everything but i dont want any of the other phones.
    The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
    John F. Kennedy

Visit My Blog, for Laughs and Strangeness:
    http://vonellebeestine.wordpress.com/
    I went through a bunch of them... a screw even fell out of a refurb i had.. just hold out one more week!! they will announce new phones and we can upgrade to those!!
    I have had my pre plus for 9 months as well. Never had a problem with it. I love my phone.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks its nice to know that someone else is dealing with this too
    The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
    John F. Kennedy

Visit My Blog, for Laughs and Strangeness:
    http://vonellebeestine.wordpress.com/
    on 5th Pre as well, sure is nice and shiny had it (them) for a year now, another 4 months of warranty left and not chomping at the bit for another phone, yet. We'll see after the 9th but there are supposed to be more phones being put out than what's on the 9th so who knows As of right now, I'm happy and not envious. That may change
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Lol. How do you justify a company that designed a smartphone that needs replacing this often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    Lol. How do you justify a company that designed a smartphone that needs replacing this often?

How do you justify... Bah.. Not worth the effort.

webOS FTW!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i don't know what you people do to your phones

i've had 2. the first one had to be replaced after my dog ate it, the phone was only 2 weeks old

there are 3 of us in the office iwth them, none of them have had to be replaced because of defective hardware
    One was my fault, hip-checking a car door closed with a Pre in the pocket = not good.
    2 blown speakers, 1 loose battery.

staeit I don't know if I'm justifying or not, I do like the fact that I've had a Pre for a year now, and being that I'm on my 5th, and just got it, it's a brand new looking phone.
    All my contacts, apps, everything transfers over automatically to my new phone.
    Every replacement was couriered to my front door, free within 48 hours. I was able to recover any non-transferable data, ie pictures prior to switching phones.
    I have a complete drive image of my phone on my PC, so I get a new phone, open up both windows click, drag, highlight, drop, my new phone is now my old phone, 5 minutes of my life.

I'll agree with the fact it isn't perfect, this is my first smartphone, it's been a learning experience.

I've tried iTunes and iPhones before, didn't like either, not much interest in re-trying them, whenever the time comes to replace my current. I'm not eligible for upgrade until 20 April this year, so this big announcement, while a "little" exciting, isn't making me rush to a store immediately.

tshile, lol, you work in an office....enough said. What's the worst that could happen?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    staeit I don't know if I'm justifying or not, I do like the fact that I've had a Pre for a year now, and being that I'm on my 5th, and just got it, it's a brand new looking phone.
    All my contacts, apps, everything transfers over automatically to my new phone.
    Every replacement was couriered to my front door, free within 48 hours. I was able to recover any non-transferable data, ie pictures prior to switching phones.
    I have a complete drive image of my phone on my PC, so I get a new phone, open up both windows click, drag, highlight, drop, my new phone is now my old phone, 5 minutes of my life.

I'll agree with the fact it isn't perfect, this is my first smartphone, it's been a learning experience.

I've tried iTunes and iPhones before, didn't like either, not much interest in re-trying them, whenever the time comes to replace my current. I'm not eligible for upgrade until 20 April this year, so this big announcement, while a "little" exciting, isn't making me rush to a store immediately.
    I mean, but you've had 5! And your case doesn't seem to be that uncommon. I suppose since you're on a carrier that seems to enforce a decent warranty, that's a good thing. I am on Bell in Canada, and you can ask anyone that that means you need a reliable phone, or you'll be waiting long and having to pay for loaner phones. I had numerous issues with my pre, and I'm a DIY kinda guy so was able to fix quite a few issues. Headset mode was kinda icing on the cake for me after all the random crashes, reboots, etc. I chatted with palm text support for probably 5 hours in total between my random issues. Headset mode was 'solved' by having me blow into the damn headset. Wanna know how much time I've spent resolving any issues on either my old iPhone 3GS or my new iPhone 4? 0 seconds. No chatting to apple support wondering why my phone keeps crashing, no chatting online with tech support asking why my speakers and earphone don't work. No more carrying a charger with me to school or work. No trips to the bell store asking them to help me with any issues. No lag in the ui, no need to overclock/tweak to get the phone working reasonably. A multitude of free and paid apps. The argument people have that this is a first gen device is weak considering pre plus is having similar issues. Not sure about the pre2 as I haven't really been following it. It just seems like such a hassle. If the phone was somewhat reliable, I'd get why people wanted it. It's a fantastic form factor, but when basic use is affected by poor design, I have to wonder why people are so devoted.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    Today i got my 5th phone, in the last 9months.. due to just issues with the phone its self. I love this phone, i love love love it more then any other phone i have ever had. The thing is that the verizon guy told me, if i have issues with this phone i can get a new phone of my choice next time, and of course he said we are getting the iphone you know, and i said, sorry I DO NOT want the iphone, i just dont. I love my palm, i dont want another phone.
    How many of you have had this happen? Are others of you having this many problems with pre pluses in this short amount of time? i hate having to go in and get the phone switched out and reinstall everything but i dont want any of the other phones.
    I'm in no way accusing you of being an apple hater or anything. Even though we have plenty of those here on this board. But I really do believe you should give the iphone a chance. They have done some innovative things with the OS. I used to think the iphone was a nothing more than an mp3 player that makes/takes phone calls.

I've gotten a chance to play with the OS first by using an ipod touch, I've jailbroken, and even developed a couple of apps using emulator. And now I'm sold, I now have an iphone work issued and I can't even stand to look at my pre any longer because its a disappointment. Its like night and day when I compare the two.
    There are many of us that are still using our 1st Pres, my Pre is almost are years old (June 09) and everything still works fine, no issues. I don't work in an office and have never babied my phone.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I had 7 of them which ran the gambit of issues.. broken keyboard, broken ear speaker, non-working wi-fi.. I finally made the Pre Plus my backup phone and got another device. Verizon kept trying to get me to take a Pixi Plus as a replacement, but I wasn't going for it.
    I am on Bell in Canada, and you can ask anyone that that means you need a reliable phone, or you'll be waiting long and having to pay for loaner phones.
    Notice where I live Bell as well, no other carrier has the Pre. Maybe my case is different because as I physically broke my first, and had to pay an extra $150 (deductible for lost/stolen/water damage/physically broken). So I've replaced through insurance, my first phone, which all my warranty work goes through now, Bell no longer has anything to do with it. I've never had a loaner phone, and the most I've ever waited was 4 days, due to a weekend being in the way. So, my case, maybe rare. What do you pay per month by the way? I was talking with Bell yesterday trying to find a way to get a cheaper monthly rate, and they told me I've pretty much nailed it down to the cheapest, lowest rate, for the amount I use my phone. $120/month give or take a few bucks is what I pay.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus from Verizon was fine for almost nine months. Then the ear piece went. So I'm on my second. I can upgrade at any time as I have multiple lines with upgrades available to them but I to am waiting for the 9th.

I don't have anything against the iPhone, I just like having something different. And quite honestly if HP doesn't come through with a phone that I like come the 9th then Ill be looking at either an iPhone or an Android device. Despite how much I like WebOS and it's UI I need a bigger screen, and a faster device.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I had my Pre Plus for 9 months before the usb cover broke off. I wasn't concerned, but customer service offered a replacement. That one is now running fine for three months as well. Both got heavy use, so its isn't like I left it on the shelf. I went through 5 different cases for the pre as they broke in various ways.

Verizon sent me a offer to upgrade to the new iPhone. Not for me.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Notice where I live Bell as well, no other carrier has the Pre. Maybe my case is different because as I physically broke my first, and had to pay an extra $150 (deductible for lost/stolen/water damage/physically broken). So I've replaced through insurance, my first phone, which all my warranty work goes through now, Bell no longer has anything to do with it. I've never had a loaner phone, and the most I've ever waited was 4 days, due to a weekend being in the way. So, my case, maybe rare. What do you pay per month by the way? I was talking with Bell yesterday trying to find a way to get a cheaper monthly rate, and they told me I've pretty much nailed it down to the cheapest, lowest rate, for the amount I use my phone. $120/month give or take a few bucks is what I pay.
    it's different if you break the phone yourself, but you still had to pay an extra $150 and the $7 monthly 'insurance'. Did you know a brand new pre off contract from bell is $150?

Anyways I have a really good student plan with the palm pre $10 discount monthly, fab10 canada, unlimited texts, caller id, 200 daytime, and 6pm e/w that comes to $42/mo taxes in. I use it as much as I want. For $120/mo I sincerely hope you have unlimited... Everything. How do you stand the battery life on the pre?

Anyways IMO I'd rather not even have 4 days where I'm without my iPhone. I enjoy having the device I paid for all the time, work perfectly. I just don't understand how people put up with it.

I know a lot of people that have sent their iphones back so try not to put the iphone on a pedistall!!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, no phone should be put on a pedestal.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Actually, no phone should be put on a pedestal.

Sent from my eVo
    No they shouldn't, they may fall off and brake!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast