Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby71 View Post
    No they shouldn't, they may fall off and brake!!!!!!
    Good point!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    No they shouldn't, they may fall off and brake!!!!!!
    That reminds me. I need to finally buy a good case for my phone. Lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I know a lot of people that have sent their iphones back so try not to put the iphone on a pedistall!!!!!!!!!
    I am doing no such thing. I'm simply stating that my iPhone has been extremely reliable and usable, with no need to troubleshoot or repair/replace. My pre was a constant headache. It's just refreshing to have a device that actually works. All the people I know with iPhones have had a similar experience, I don't know anyone personally who has had to have it repaired. I know two people personally who had (past tense) pre's and they had to be repaired. Hence my [correct] conclusion that the iPhone is much more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am on my fourth, and would have loved them to offer me to get a different phone. I even asked. I said to them, "I am in here every couple of months and getting it swapped out, and there is no exception you can make?"

Nope, they "couldn't" they said. So many issues, Need to reboot 3-4 times a day because the 3G radio stops working, had one get so hot (not overclocked) that it fried the radios, couldn't do anything.

So I bit the bullet. Monday morning will be my last day with the pre. I really loved it when I got it, but with each replacement, it got less and less. Now the one I have is perfect, not a scratch, etc, and running well. Figured it was the perfect time to sell it.

I preordered an iPhone and will have it on Monday.

I would like to thank the precentral.net community, as I learned a great deal about webOS, and hope that HP is able to really push it to the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I now have an iphone work issued and I can't even stand to look at my pre any longer because its a disappointment. Its like night and day when I compare the two.
    These are words from a developer, and thus have all my respect. But I find the Pre classy and lovable, and with that "elite" touch a massively popular device like Apple's can't have.

(of course, you might have noted I once was an Amigan)

Anyway, from a prectical point of view, the winner is clear. Moreso if you are a developer, theres a 1 to 1000 factor revenue between working for a Palm and an Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    it's different if you break the phone yourself, but you still had to pay an extra $150 and the $7 monthly 'insurance'. Did you know a brand new pre off contract from bell is $150?
    when I broke my phone that was 2 summers or springs ago, and the price at that time was still $599 or whatever the original price was. I'm aware now, that's the price, and I'd rather pay the $7 month for another year than not pay it and have to come up with $150 if my phone dies again.

Anyways I have a really good student plan with the palm pre $10 discount monthly, fab10 canada, unlimited texts, caller id, 200 daytime, and 6pm e/w that comes to $42/mo taxes in. I use it as much as I want.
    That's unbelieveable. I don't know how you got your plan that way. I was told $65 for data alone

For $120/mo I sincerely hope you have unlimited... Everything. How do you stand the battery life on the pre?
    I wish is was unlimited, not even close though 350daytimemin, all incoming free, 5 numbers in and out free, E&W start @ 9, ....battery life, I work out of a truck, with a charger, non issue for me

Anyways IMO I'd rather not even have 4 days where I'm without my iPhone. I enjoy having the device I paid for all the time, work perfectly. I just don't understand how people put up with it.

most of the time it does work perfectly. I am under contract, I still have 4 months to go before I could get an upgrade anyways. So I just deal with it. It ain't perfect, but what are you going to do, I use it daily for my work, I couldn't be without it now. People here are chomping at the bit for whatever's getting announced/released/whatever next week, I still have a minimum 4 months to go, maybe by then there will be even more things to choose from. $42/month.....I'd call Bell again, but I'd get stuck with some customer service rep that thinks they can speak English but can't and they'd make me very angry......I think they do it on purpose..... I know we're a bilingual country and all, but seriously, hire some actual native born english speakers to work at your call centers to deal with the rest of the country already!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    @starbird73...you didn't last long
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I feel your pain.

I'm on Pre Plus No. 8, mainly through my service provider constantly supplying duff refurbed warranty replacements, but thankfully this one seems fine, and has been for the last 6 months.

Still wouldnt change it though, I love the form factor and WebOS.
    I don't know if I got lucky but I'm on a day one Palm Pre and it does not have a single thing wrong with it!

I don't get how carriers keep handing them out, surely they can't make any money on it. Having said that I read stories from people saying they are on their 15th Pre and things like that, surely this is a bit of an exaggeration. Wouldn't a carrier start to question how someone looks after their phone by say the erm 10th one lol
    I have my sprint Frankenpre minus(dropped it a few times once right when I got it. the phone was so slippery like a bar of soap) which is over a year old works like a champ.. just a little oreo effect. I have my FrankenPre plus which is my everyday phone(never dropped) and is about 6 months old still works like a champ and my pre 2(never dropped) which works amazing.
    What do you do to your poor phone. I had my pre for over a year never had a single issue. Switched to Evo for 5 months while periodically loaning the pre out. I've no gone back to Pre in anticipation of 2.1 and new devices. Try not playing so rough.
    Re: Bell.

I am paying their $7 per month fee, and I just got my Pre changed this week. I dropped the old one one too many times. They still charged me $150.

Anyway, this is Pre the second here.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

I had 6 phones... thats right SIX! First had horrible Oreo effect straight out of the box, the sprint guy when activating the phone pointed it out! but said wont get worse so not to worry... next phone had a dead pixil took a couple days to notice, then my keyboard died on a phone, then my screen acted funny when charging (it just open random programs), finally last 2 now just had keyboard overheat issue...

Loved you Palm.... but you need to learn QC!!!
  14.    #34  
    I dont hate the iphone, and i have friends with the iphone, i have played with them and its just not for me. It might sound strange with the "everyone loves apple products" vibe going around but i do not. I just dont, there are a lot of different reasons for each apple product of the whys but i dont think that really needs to be stated, just for the simple fact as I made up my mind and thats that.
    What i meant by the comment was that verizon is pushing other phones again, which they did when the pre plus came out, they just never pushed it in the stores, my verizon store didn't even carry it, i had to drive to the next state to get mine, and still had to tell the guy that yes it was the phone i wanted, not an android phone. I had to explain that i researched phones and that the pre plus was what i wanted now please just get me one. Not that at the moment they have a reason to push the palm product with the new phones coming out but it was just an observation.
    And when i had my first phone with an issue i got a refurbished phone, and the same has gone with each replacement phone. The reason i can justify it because it is what i love, i love my phone, i love everything about it, its amazing and wonderful, for me. I started this post because i wanted to know how many other people are going through this as well, as i have been know to have the phone killers touch. I had a dare(ha!) it was always broken, and it was nothing i was doing to the phone, all phone related issues, just like with my pre plus. I had 9 dares, in 18 months, but 8 of them were refurbished and for someone on verizon that just means, Ill be back in a few months for a another refurbished phone. I wasnt making a comment on palms better then iphone or any of that, but for me it is, its a personal choice and i know what i like, and to me that is justification enough to get 20 refurbished phones. Like i said before, i hate having to go in a switch all the stuff but i love this phone, so i will keep doing it.
    The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
    John F. Kennedy

Visit My Blog, for Laughs and Strangeness:
    http://vonellebeestine.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I am doing no such thing. I'm simply stating that my iPhone has been extremely reliable and usable, with no need to troubleshoot or repair/replace. My pre was a constant headache. It's just refreshing to have a device that actually works. All the people I know with iPhones have had a similar experience, I don't know anyone personally who has had to have it repaired. I know two people personally who had (past tense) pre's and they had to be repaired. Hence my [correct] conclusion that the iPhone is much more reliable.

You're concluding that the iphone is more reliable based on a sample size of 2 bad Pre's and "all" the people you know with iPhones have no problems? I'm sorry but I think your "correct" conclusion is not based with much data.

I know someone with a Toyota that has problems, and a couple of people with Chevys with no problems, so using your logic, Chevy's are much more reliable.

No offense, but I know plenty of people with iPhones that they are not happy with. Doesn't mean its a bad phone, but some phones have issues. I have two Pre's (my original Sept 09 Sprint Pre with 0 problems despite being kicked, dropped, thrown, etc) and my 1 month old Sprint Frankenpre plus that rocks but my daughter has had 4 in a year and a half, some here fault and some production issues. My friend has a 3G he bought a year or so ago that has given him nothing but fits. Still there all good products, just particular units that are bad.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post
    I started this post because i wanted to know how many other people are going through this as well,
    I am on my 6th Sprint Pre. The issue is with replacement Pres. They are of bad quality. Once I started getting the replacements it was a loop. Each replacement phone broke with in a month. Which forced me to get another replacement. Most issues are caused by keyboard, screen sensitivity, display resolution then slider mechanism in that order.

Did two replacements then I switched to Evo for a month before coming back to Pre again. I love the simplicity and the form factor of the Pre.

Wish they do a Pre 3 with bigger size and on-screen keyboard.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Oh, please promise you will start another thread when you get your 6th, 7th, and 8th Pre.

That would be great! :-/
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Oh, please promise you will start another thread when you get your 6th, 7th, and 8th Pre.

That would be great! :-/

Im sorry Todd, i didnt know that my thread said "please read todd and post unproductively on this thread."

You didnt have to read it and you didnt have to post on it. This is a place for all people to post, not for people to just post what todd likes.

Sorry us talking about our replacements bugged you that much that you HAD TO READ the whole Post, poor baby. If i could i would give you back the min of your life used up.

Now please go be a jerk and a problem to someone else and let us talk about what we want.
    The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. ~John E. Southard

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
    John F. Kennedy

Visit My Blog, for Laughs and Strangeness:
    http://vonellebeestine.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ouch. ...sticks and stones... my dear, stick and stones...

I see a merge to general Pre complaints soon, anyway. Peace and love...

Quote Originally Posted by misslarrew View Post

Im sorry Todd, i didnt know that my thread said "please read todd and post unproductively on this thread."

You didnt have to read it and you didnt have to post on it. This is a place for all people to post, not for people to just post what todd likes.

Sorry us talking about our replacements bugged you that much that you HAD TO READ the whole Post, poor baby. If i could i would give you back the min of your life used up.

Now please go be a jerk and a problem to someone else and let us talk about what we want.
    I'm on my second. Bought my first Pre Plus in april last year. I love the size and feel of the Pre, and I LOVE WebOS. Verizon is supposed to get the Pre 2 tomorrow, if my current Pre Plus dies you think I'll get a Pre 2 as a replacement? I'd be happy with the Pre 2 as I think the Pre 3 might be too big for my tastes, looks nice though.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12