1.    #1  
    Is it possible to use a pre plus lcd on a pre minus? Or is there a particular line of code that decyphers a ball click rather than a tap pad?

It seems Pre Plus lcd are cheaper than Pre Minus on ebay.
    I believe you'd have a problem with the button itself, since the gesture area is part of it and there's no button on the plus.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDC44 View Post
    Is it possible to use a pre plus lcd on a pre minus? Or is there a particular line of code that decyphers a ball click rather than a tap pad?

Go for it!.. They are the same..

I'm being serious.. I've taken apart both.. And bothe are identified by the names in code..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It works. Someone has done the conversion in China.

Palm PrePre Plus DIYĻ_palmֻӦ-

The button is emulated by tapping on the light bar.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Really? Huh! I thought the gesture area would make it different, live and learn.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Really? Huh! I thought the gesture area would make it different, live and learn.

Sent from my eVo
    I would too that's why the mad scientist in me took em apart ..

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I would too that's why the mad scientist in me took em apart ..

Never got into dismantling.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by WDC44 View Post

If you do this, make sure you have the light bar part from a Pre Plus. I've used a Pre Plus light bar in a Pre Minus case, but never tried it the other way around.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It works. Someone has done the conversion in China.

Palm PrePre Plus DIYĻ_palmֻӦ-[/url]

The button is emulated by tapping on the light bar.
    Thank you! Just what I was looking for! I googled a bunch of different terms but never found that page.

Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    If you do this, make sure you have the light bar part from a Pre Plus. I've used a Pre Plus light bar in a Pre Minus case, but never tried it the other way around.
    I can only hope this comes with the LCD on ebay, if not ill either buy the bar or fabricate a hole for the ball. All I want is a new screen TBH. Mine has a crack going from the ball to the middle of the screen from the previous owner, and it inhibits things being accurately pushed down towards this crack (meaning i cant always launch my quicklaunch apps~!).

Thanks again guys! If all goes well ill post a write up with pics.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    by this topic mentioning the Pre Minus... does that mean the first pre that came out with the ball.. or the knockoff palm pre... because ive been wondering the same thing for quiet some time and was looking to change my crack Palm pre screen to a palm pre plus screen
    All Pre Minus have the ball. All Pre Plus have the light bar.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    other this this guy from china switching the screens....
    if i install a pre plus screen on my regular pre... the screen should work along with the gesture light bar?
    yes.