1.    #1  
    so 2 days ago my phone would go in and out of charging mode when plugged. today i plugged it up and it was doing the same so i kept pluggin and unplugging it. now it doesnt work at all. i can charge with touchstone... but what about my pics and stuff? how do i save them now?
    Sounds like the port may be broke, I know mine was loose on my Pre. Have you tried contacting your service provider about repair options.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    In the meantime you could try going completely wireless. You're halfway there with the touchstone. To transfer files, I would give one of those wifi sync apps a try.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I haven't tried it, yet, but everyone says dropbox works great to get stuff from your PC to your phone.

Drag and drop the file, then access it on your phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    rsanchez has the right idea for an interim solution. Using wifi media synch app and a touchstone.

The micro usb is not durable. Check the port and you should see five micro pins. If not then one of the pins bent back or broke off. You can have it fixed for $50-75. Google "palm pre micro usb".

Or if you know micro or level soldering you could fix it... $4 or less for the micro usb port.

I decided to buy a new one on craigslist...$80-100.

I wish Euro ISO selected a more durable port for standardization of celphone charging.
  6.    #6  
    well i messed with the port and now it like almost comes out, and sprint is not covering it... because my phone has cracks on the sides. so will soldering it fix it? and how do the sync work? are they free apps?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Palm Pre Teardown - Page 3 - iFixit

See "Step 23" showing the micro usb port. If the port is lose, then the pins connected to the logic board are broken. Best to have the pros do the minute soldering. I'll see if I can find the site.

You can buy the "Wifi Media Synch" in your Apps Store. I think it's $2.99. You can transfer files between PC and Pre.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs

I don't know anything about this site...just happen to google them. You can check your area for similar local repair shops...they can usually get it done quickly, if they have the part.

Sprint repair center will replace your phone, $100 w/insurance, or $150 w/ two year plan.