Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    -Boot with logo, no glow
    -no problem to get into recovery mode
    -Doctor stops at 8% Always ( tried 30+ times )

Tried
    Doctor obviously
    Last resort recovery ( novaterm )
    WebOSRepairUtility ( run for 4hr , finish, but same problem at boot )

Any clue?
    how long did you leave it sit after it stops at 8% ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    did you run repair utility with override compatibility turned on ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    plug it into a wall or let the battery charge via external charger or other phone if possible. Try doctoring with a full battery may help.
    Remove battery will that help?
    Saw this thread from webosinternals.org

Doctor disconnects at 8%

If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).
    First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):
    novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    After it boots, run novaterm:
    novaterm
    Once connected to the device, type:
    lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure
    then type:
    mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media
    Once that completes, put the device back into recovery mode and run the webOS Doctor.
    ^ I believe we have a winner.
    So did you ever get your phone fixed or what ??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    These threads where OP only posts one message never get resolved.
    OP can't find his way back to a thread he created.
    What chances do you give him solving this problem?
    What's interesting is the OP has 10 posts, the first one was 11/29/10 and they all are about a "Bricked Pre."

Maybe he keeps posting about it because he can't find his way back.

maxi_gmv's posts
    SO guys im having a REALLY weird problem. My phone wouldnt boot up so I doctored it. Doctor worked but phone still hung at palm logo. I doctored again. same result. I plugged it into my car outlet, it booted up. Brought it home worked fine except it said I cant install apps on it because memory was full. This morning when I switched batterys out i didnt get the second one in in time when trying to hot swap it and it wouldnt boot up past the palm logo again with no glow., I plugged it in, nothing. (even tried plugging it in my car just in case) I doctored it again. still hung at palm logo with no glow. I flipped the switches for volume on/off 3 times then pressed orange sym r and it restarted and booted up fine. However no I cant install apps on it again.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

download and run the webOS repair utility and see what happens . also run it with override compatibility turned on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    download and run the webOS repair utility and see what happens . also run it with override compatibility turned on .
    That's what im doing as we speak. Its been going for roughly half an hour and I got class in 13ish mins so I'm hoping its done in time otherwise my Math 125 teacher is gonna have to live with me having my laptop out. As you can imagine the fight this may entail shall be epic.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

update: 9/10 of the way through I got a notice on my pre it was unplugged and data was corrupted. I pressed ok and The repair continued to run and it finished. Still can't install apps, says I don't have the mb's needed to install apps. This is so weird.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Someone should draw him a map with a big X.
    I found my way back. Sorry the delay.
    I was given a new palm pre+ and now its running 2.1 and feels fine.

But, the first pre+ is still dead.

As I post en several "bricked" related post I couldnt find a solution to my problem. And almost give up.
    Now I'm sending the WebOsDoctor log in another post to see if something new comes put

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...light=maxi_gmv