Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure it is just me, but I cannot seem to setup my calendar in Pre to my liking! I have read the forums and still cannot figure out how to get it to:

1. Look like it does in the Ubercalender snapshops here (translation; in nice lil boxes and legible)

2. Sync my Yahoo calender with the Palm. I changed the password and have it working in both Explorer and Mozilla browsers, but the password will not work on the Pre.

Good news is today my daughter is 17! Happy BD Gabby! (Sorri you don't deserve that iphone 4 you want soooo much...yet) haha
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Not to be a pain, but, we'll need a bit more information on what your current 'state' is. For example:

-Do you have Ubercalendar installed (I'm assuming you do)
    -What release of WebOS are you running (I'm assuming 1.4.5)
    -What settings do you have configured in UberCalendar?
    -Can you please provide specifics on your point #1 (ie: your calendar looks like "X" and the snapshots you've seen look like "Y", etc...

If you have a few sample screens to post here, that would also help.

I'm sure you'll be much happier with your calendar once these things are ironed out. Ubercalendar is a great patch.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Not to be a pain, but, we'll need a bit more information on what your current 'state' is. For example:

-Do you have Ubercalendar installed (I'm assuming you do)
    -What release of WebOS are you running (I'm assuming 1.4.5)
    -What settings do you have configured in UberCalendar?
    -Can you please provide specifics on your point #1 (ie: your calendar looks like "X" and the snapshots you've seen look like "Y", etc...

If you have a few sample screens to post here, that would also help.

I'm sure you'll be much happier with your calendar once these things are ironed out. Ubercalendar is a great patch.
    Thanks,

Yes, I have Ubercalendar installed. I'm running 1.4.5 version.

The settings I have on Ubercalender are:
    changed from Palm to Google (default)
    All options on except for "Stop auto close"

Enhanced features:
    1 week no shift
    1 week no mod

When I look at my calendar, I don't see any future alarms.
    When I look at the calendar snap shop on this site I see alarms in square boxes.

If you want to know anything more specific, pls. let me know.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Thanks,

Yes, I have Ubercalendar installed. I'm running 1.4.5 version.

The settings I have on Ubercalender are:
    changed from Palm to Google (default)
    All options on except for "Stop auto close"

Enhanced features:
    1 week no shift
    1 week no mod

When I look at my calendar, I don't see any future alarms.
    When I look at the calendar snap shop on this site I see alarms in square boxes.

If you want to know anything more specific, pls. let me know.
    Your preferences are pretty similar to mine. My guess is that you're missing your icons (.scrims folder), but, hard to say. Can you take a look at my attached screenshot to see if I am on the right track re: what you're missing.

Mind the blank red tags -- semi-sensitive data being masked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    Thanks so much!

I do not have the 1st icon in the bottom left corner. I do not have any icons at all on the middle screen or alarms.

How do I install the icons?

I tried to take a pic of my screen but it didn't come out clearly.

6.    #6  
    I'm gonna try and upload it here.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Thanks so much!

I do not have the 1st icon in the bottom left corner.
    You're quite welcome. The 1st icon in the bottom-left corner maps to the Agenda homebrew app. Does that work when you click on it? If so, you can skip to the next part. IF not, you need to go to PreWare to download Agenda (it's very worthwhile -- allows you the tools to search your calendar, FYI)

I do not have any icons at all on the middle screen or alarms.

The issue here is that you have to manually upload the icons. I don't know why these can't be included with the PreWare install (I'm sure there's a good reason), but, they aren't.

They can be found at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html

The direct download link is: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...endar-icon.zip

What you need to do is plug your phone in via USB (there are other ways of doing this, but, this is the simlest), select 'USB mode' and do the following:

1. Create a ".scrims" (no quotes) folder at the root of the viewable partition (should map to /media/internal, FYI)

2. Create a "ubercalendar" (no quotes) subfolder to .scrims

3. Extract the .zip file somewhere on your PC and copy all of the files into this folder.

4. Eject your Pre so it returns to normal operation (vs. USB mode).

5. close / re-open the calendar, you should see the icons.

If this doesn't help, the thread above should give better instructions than I did.

Best of luck
    There's an UberCalendar preference guide here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9.    #9  
    I worked on this last night but... I must be doing something wrong, or this is too complicated for me. lol

Thanks!

If you are trying to make ".scrims" directory with windows, it won't let you. Create it as "scrims", then use Internalz to change the directory name to ".scrims" after you have transferred all the icons.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    When I try to create a .scrims folder, it tells me that I must type a filename. It wont let me begin the folder name with a "."
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    If you are trying to make ".scrims" directory with windows, it won't let you. Create it as "scrims", then use Internalz to change the directory name to ".scrims" after you have transferred all the icons.
    Yeah, what frantid said. I left it "New Folder" and changed it in Internalz as suggested. Good timing, I hadn't had a Windows *** moment for months, and I was due.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Frantid -- thanks for keeping me in-line I didn't think about that challenge (I've been around the Ubercalendar patch since the days of naming the Scrims folder without the -dot- prefix).

GeekyMom -- any luck?
    cmahy - thank you for helping others out. The great people in this community keep me interested in my Pre and continuing to work on patches.
    Thanks so much!

I do not have the 1st icon in the bottom left corner. I do not have any icons at all on the middle screen or alarms.

To take a picture of the screen, on the device

<orange or grey button> + <sym button> + <P button> all at the same time. Look in your photos app for screenshots.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    cmahy - thank you for helping others out. The great people in this community keep me interested in my Pre and continuing to work on patches.
    Frantid -- my pleasure. As a non-Dev, there aren't as many things I can do to 'give-back' to the community compared to the work you and Meta (& Homebrew community at-large) have done .... I help out where/when I can.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To take a picture of the screen, on the device

<orange or grey button> + <sym button> + <P button> all at the same time. Look in your photos app for screenshots.
    Got screen shot, is there a easy way to post it here from the Pre?

Thanks

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Why isn't this conversation happening in the UberCalendar thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...dar-patch.html
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Got screen shot, is there a easy way to post it here from the Pre?

Thanks
    Yes. When you go to add a comment in the forums, you'll see the button 'go advanced' Click that before adding your reply. When you do, you'll see a toolbar above your message with a paperclip -- that (the paperclip) will allow you to upload images.
  20.    #20  
    This is how my calender displays, nothing like I'm seeing on your view cmahy. lol, nice btw.

P.S. When I tried to upload the pic from the Pre, I followed the steps you noted, but I did not see a "browse" button there to choose the pic. There was only a "choose file" button, but when I tried to use it, nothing happened, so I came here on the netbook and uploaded it after sending image here from the Pre via email.

Am I missing something? Uploading direct from the Pre would be much easier.

Also, how do i upload large pics and not these lil thumbnail sized?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 02/07/2011 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast