Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Over the past week or so, my Pre has exhibited some strange behavior. When the screen is off (or maybe it's when the screen lock kicks in), alerts no longer work, and the alarm won't sound. For instance, this morning, I woke before my alarm was set to go off, and it didn't go off at it's normal time (6:30). I picked up the phone at 7:30 and slid it open, and then the alarm sounded. Immediately after that, some alerts showed in rapid succession that should have displayed earlier.

One clue is that, when I slid open the Pre, the clock said 6:15. After a second, it corrected itself to 7:30. It's almost as if the clock stops when the screen is off.

I've installed the following patches and applications recently, but they seem unrelated:
    Bluetooth Increased Media and In Call Volume
    Enable Line Breaks in SMS
    National Football Post
    Multi Message Lite
    Couch to 5K
    I have a bunch of others but they've all been in place for a while. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks!
  2. LWI
    Hi Zahid,

I have had the exact same behavior recently and it is still doing it now. I was thinking, maybe something related to Daylight Saving Time change ? If it is so, it should go away soon. It's annoying indeed. If anyone finds the cure, please post.

LWI

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Over the past week or so, my Pre has exhibited some strange behavior. When the screen is off (or maybe it's when the screen lock kicks in), alerts no longer work, and the alarm won't sound. For instance, this morning, I woke before my alarm was set to go off, and it didn't go off at it's normal time (6:30). I picked up the phone at 7:30 and slid it open, and then the alarm sounded. Immediately after that, some alerts showed in rapid succession that should have displayed earlier.

One clue is that, when I slid open the Pre, the clock said 6:15. After a second, it corrected itself to 7:30. It's almost as if the clock stops when the screen is off.

I've installed the following patches and applications recently, but they seem unrelated:
    Bluetooth Increased Media and In Call Volume
    Enable Line Breaks in SMS
    National Football Post
    Multi Message Lite
    Couch to 5K
    I have a bunch of others but they've all been in place for a while. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks!
    Last edited by LWI; 04/14/2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
    wish I had an answer. Mines been doing that since day 1. The clock stops when the screen goes dark which means the alarm time is never reached. Alarms work fine if it's on the touchstone tho. I'm getting ready to doctor it because of a lot of annoying issues.
    Perhaps your problem correlates with this thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-sleep.html

I had this problem, and the only solution for me was a battery-pull. Every few weeks, it recurs, and a battery-pull solves the problem.
    I've got a quite similar issue, I guess, but it concerns carging, not the alert. When the screen is turned off and some time has passed (I guess 5 mins or so to lock the device), it won't charge after plugging the cable in! (I don't have a touchstone, sadly)
    And it takes just to push the button or anything that turns the screen on, to get the recharge started in a few seconds. I hate it since now and then I forget to wait for that "charging" sound and wake up the next morning to find my pre having 5-10% of the battery!

Looked at this post: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ing-sleep.html
    Tried to switch Govnah to Fixed Speed 800 from screensate 500/800 - no difference.

Please help me!)

Standard Pre, webos 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Same problem here....I think. Had some reminders to go off this morning and guess what...they didn't go off until I woke up my phone. Very odd, gonna pull the battery and see if that helps!
    Motorola Microtec > Audiovox 9100 > Motorola T720/Palm m505 > Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I no longer experience this problem. This may be related to the fact that I meta-doctored my phone to 2.1. Sorry I don't have any better information to share.
    There are many threads about this, I have made one, lots of people had this and all you can do is doctor it. Every other solution the problem came back with in a week. I updated to 2.1 and has gone away but 2.1 is forsure not meant for Pre's. Its slow and very glicthy. So I would suggest keep doctoring everytime this problem comes up,

Uninstall patches that turn off screen on charge, If you are like me and put the phone on a touchstone at night. Make sure you phone never turns off by instaling a patch. Dont know the name.

This way the Radio is always connected to the carrier over night. I have lost trst in my alarm cause I've been late 4 times now cause of this so I stopped all together using it for a alarm clock.
    hope this helps.