1.    #1  
    Have had the same Sprint Pre since July 2009. I've been doing the preware patch and theme stuff for a while. I jumped on the Govah and kernal thing once I heard they were relativity safe. I stuck to the uberkernal 500/800 screenstate and once in a while the 500/1000 screenstate.

A few weeks ago I noticed my phone went offline. I did a restart and it came back. it slowly got worse and would happen a few times a day. Finally a couple days ago it got stuck. I read around on the forums and for past problems I was usually able to find a solution. This time I wasn't able too. I tried backing up a few things on the phone and did what I've always dreaded and did the webos doctor. It went through the process and told me it was completed but then brought me to the blue cloud screen "Phone Error" page. I tried webos doctor again and no luck.

I called palm and they said they couldn't help because I was beyond my one year warranty. Tomorrow I will go into sprint and get a replacement unless I can find another solution tonight. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    That happened to me. I managed to doctor it but it remained offline even then and I couldn't get into my profile. Had to get a replacement through sprint.
    I called 911 .. And hung up

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yesterday my Original never been Doctored Sprint Palm Pre Minues did this, it is in a loop of going in and out of Phone Off-line. The Sprint store looked at it and told me after 30 minutes of doing everything I already did was too take it too the Sprint Repair shop. I have Homebrewed since the beginning so, it takes as of today 15 minutes to boot searching for a network. Well I guess I need Doctored it tonite, I bought this on the June 6, 2009. I have done everything mentioned above, it does have modem software installed, this would be the last stop for that.

Anybody else having this issue since yesterday?
    your phone radio is fried. my pre did this as well in December and doctor didn't help. only solution is to get a new phone. I've gone thru 4 pre's in a year for various hardware problems. i would smash the things but it would void my warranty
    Mods - please see my message "Replacement Phone: radio works sporadically ". This sounds like the same issue.

I had guessed hardware, but if someone else has the same problem, there's a possibility that Sprint changed up their server configuration or PRLs. Or else the OP got the same generation of radio-damaged phone that I did.

Anyway, this is a bummer for me, and for the OP - might be nice to congeal these threads into one so all the smart folks can chime in.
  7.    #7  
    yeah it looks like this has been happening to a lot of people recently. I took it in and it's getting replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    Yesterday my Original never been Doctored Sprint Palm Pre Minues did this, it is in a loop of going in and out of Phone Off-line. The Sprint store looked at it and told me after 30 minutes of doing everything I already did was too take it too the Sprint Repair shop. I have Homebrewed since the beginning so, it takes as of today 15 minutes to boot searching for a network. Well I guess I need Doctored it tonite, I bought this on the June 6, 2009. I have done everything mentioned above, it does have modem software installed, this would be the last stop for that.

Anybody else having this issue since yesterday?
    Update: Last night I ran the "erase apps and data", it re-booted and started to load all my programs and data. This worked and the phone is so fast without the like a new phone again, just fell in love with it again, can't wait until Feb. 9th to hear about my new phone.
    ^ Hope this works. My Pre has been "offline" since yesterday afternoon. Starting from scratch will be a PIA but better than making a nuisance of myself and camping out in the Sprint store until they put a replacement Pre, not some other POS phone in my hand.

I've had none of the typical problems associated with many Pres and I'm quite upset at this point.
    DigitalUnlock could not resolve this for me... although I wish they could so i won't be on my 7th PRE
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Thanks for the tip, GuyFromNam.

So far, "erase apps & data" seems to have restored basic functionality. Will have to see what happens this evening when I reload PreWare and patches.

If the problem persists, I'll contact DigitalUnlock.
    What does DigitalUnlock do differently to get this back? I've gotten the SOS/Emergency Mode screen before under my 2.1.0 image
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html