Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I remember about 1 and a half years ago I bought the coolest phone ever. It had everything one would want. It made me believe in this thingy called WebOS. It was awesome! Now... It's outdated and hp or palm have done nothing to make it better. Yeah 2.0 is coming but really? It's been almost 2 yrs! Why do I even have this thing? Am I an ***** for waiting? Right now I think so. Everyone elses phones are way cooler. It sucks that I can't stick with webos but what have they done for me.
    I love my pre and stick with it. The os suites me even on this older hardware. New hardware will just make it better for me. They've done alot for me...compared to owning an old samsung instinct, they're support with updates rules to me, and its only getting better, especially once HP puts their $ in. The merger is going to slow down things, and its finally all going to start to get going like it was meant to.
    10 days until you have answers from the big HP event for webOS announcements.

until then, there is 1ghz overclocking and more than 450 patches available in preware to keep busy/amazed.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Been here too with my Pre waiting ever so patiently. It is getting old but Ill hold on a bit longer too the webos works for me FOR NOW !!!
    WebOS is still 'cool', and my Pre is much better now than when I got it 16 Months ago thanks to webOS internals, Jason Robitaille and the homebrew community. My phone is still cool.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I got my phone because it works for me. Not because it was 'cool.' I could give a rat's *ss if someone had/has a cooler phone than mine along with their opinion.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Its still a form factor that hasnt been done many times. Everytime i use it, the people who dont remember phones ask me what kind it is, even if theyv asked me that 5 times before.

And everyone at work is still amazed that i can plug it into the sound system and we can all listen to pandora or podcasts. Cant do that with an iphone without an adapter.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    WebOS is still 'cool', and my Pre is much better now than when I got it 16 Months ago thanks to webOS internals, Jason Robitaille and the homebrew

community. My phone is still

cool.

yeah I get it. But homebrew can't produce a front facing camera with access to skype. They can't make my 3 mega pixel with crappy focus camera any better. These few things make a phone what it is. Imagine a top of the line camera and better sound all while still having WebOS. That's what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    yeah I get it. But homebrew can't produce a front facing camera with access to skype. They can't make my 3 mega pixel with crappy focus camera any better. These few things make a phone what it is. Imagine a top of the line camera and better sound all while still having WebOS. That's what I mean.
    I currently have no use for a front facing camera, which from what I understand is overrated. A nicer camera with zoom would be nice along with hdmi output, but I can wait.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I currently have no use for a front facing camera, which from what I understand is overrated. A nicer camera with zoom would be nice along with hdmi output, but I can wait.
    Definitely not overrated if you have a family. I love seeing my wife and kids whenever I want.
    True. It's WebOS that beats the hindparts off every other phone out there. Folks with BB's say BB Messenger is the only reason they hold on, folks with Android say it's apps like Tom the talking cat and folks with iPhone say Apple is there bff.

I was initially sold on the form factor (came from a LG Env2 which is the same size) and Dieter's 50 app extravaganza, but after a preDEV meeting and the entire homebrew/patch community I throroughly enjoy my phone. And thanks goes to HP for keeping it going.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Would not want any other phone.
    the front camera really isnt as big as you think it is. Sure its nice and pretty cool, how many people do you know with front facing cameras. Now subtract the iphone because to chat with them you need an iphone as well. Yeah its cool but not a must have
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yep. Its been way too long for me too. I'm getting a new phone in feb. Depends on hp's announcement whether its an evo/epic or a <<deleted by Mod>> hpalm. I'll get a webos tablet if I have to get an android for my webos fix
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/30/2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: posting around language filter
    Not true, there is a few cross platform video chat apps. i chat with a few iphone users all the time.

Evo-lution
    my phone is still kool !! maybe your not kool anymore lol ltm ltm lol ha ha !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    Sure you can plug an iphone into a sound system. It has a headphone jack just like a pre. Or am I missing something?
    afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $iphone$'$s$ $is$ $a$ $smaller$ $jack$ $just$ $for$ $ios$ $devices$, $and$ $cords$ $and$ $adapters$ $built$ $for$ $them$. @$least$ $that$'$s$ $how$ $it$ $is$ $on$ $my$ $ipad$.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I still love my phone and understand that with buyouts things take time. You really can't blame HP because they basically had to start from the beginning and implement the direction and production of webos and devices which takes time. I also am grateful that we will have the choice of enjoying webos in the future thanks to HP. People really need to be patient because things happen...
    My phone isn't uncool. I would say maybe unknown, but not uncool. At a recent family funeral, we had gotten together afterwards and (probably the first I've ever seen such thing),there were kids playing games, people taking pictures, others making phone calls and more watching videos(youtube), texting and web browsing(facebook)....with an age demographic from 3 to 79. Could have been a commercial, 4 iPhones 3BB's 2Androids 1Pre...(smart phone count) I'm wagering on normal cell count around 10 mark. Still 50% growth available from my family, and that's not counting the kids that are too young, but will grow into, for such things.

lots of comments on my phone anyway, still pops out with the "what kind of new phone is that? questions.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I remember about 1 and a half years ago I bought the coolest phone ever. It had everything one would want. It made me believe in this thingy called WebOS. It was awesome! Now... It's outdated and hp or palm have done nothing to make it better. Yeah 2.0 is coming but really? It's been almost 2 yrs! Why do I even have this thing? Am I an ***** for waiting? Right now I think so. Everyone elses phones are way cooler. It sucks that I can't stick with webos but what have they done for me.
    You're kidding, right? I'm using the AV8B kernel and a bunch of homebrew patches and this phone rocks. Runs fast all day with battery to spare. I can do everything with one hand if needed. It may not be the newest bleeding edge device, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else out there so far. In fact, Verizon contacted me to ask if I wanted to trade my Pre Plus for an iPhone. I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes until they gave up and hung up.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast