Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Androids capability has me spoiled... but every time I touch my pre it flows like a crisp stream flowing effortlessly down a mountain.. smooth, gentle, and beautiful.

My biggest gripe is lack of apps... which lack of api's is to blame.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I havnt got the to many cards error in over a year lol
    I run 800 uberkernel !!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't have any patches, etc. Just running stock. The TMC error is preventable, as I never have the issue with EA games like Tiger Woods, FIFA 2010, or Rock Band. I do have the error with all of the Gameloft Titles. Annoying, but I just reboot to deal with it. I just don't want to have to reboot in front of someone I'm trying to win over to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I currently have no use for a front facing camera, which from what I understand is overrated. A nicer camera with zoom would be nice along with hdmi output, but I can wait.
    I too want a cell phone with an HDMI outlet. Hey wait a minute, USB 3.0 would be nice too!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I don't have any patches, etc. Just running stock. The TMC error is preventable, as I never have the issue with EA games like Tiger Woods, FIFA 2010, or Rock Band. I do have the error with all of the Gameloft Titles. Annoying, but I just reboot to deal with it. I just don't want to have to reboot in front of someone I'm trying to win over to the Pre.
    why even reboot? just run preware and install a custom kernel like f105 or uberkernel and never have to reboot again. this is the only real way to completely prevent tmc, takes at most 10-15 minutes to do, and you get a free cpu overclock to boot if you want or just run at stock speed. win-win situation: have at it, son.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    As a former pre owner and current iPhone 4 owner, I can definitely say that I'm glad I changed phones. I don't think palm really understands what users want. My sister is in Ontario and my best friend in BC, both with iPhone 4 and my uncle in Philly (sans any cellphone). I FaceTime with my friend and sister frequently and even with people who are here locally. I skype with my uncle and also my parents (with my iPhone) and it really is nice to have a front cam on a phone rather than a computer.

Anyways hopefully hp/palm figures out what consumers want in their next rendition of a webos device, I definitely think that the best multitasking implementation is on webos. That's unfortunately the only thing I think they do best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't need iPhone to do all that

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    You don't need iPhone to do all that

Seems they prefer the iPhone, at this time.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The Pre probably isn't cool to most people anymore and it probably never really was all that cool to begin with. But I keep my Pre because I really like the way it works for ME. I got an Evo and returned it and I honestly dont want any other phone right now. I have my complaints about it (only 8 gb of memory, stupid "stuck in headset mode" problem, lag), but I really think it's a great phone. It's kind of like when you're with a woman and you see a hotter one or one with bigger boobs or a nicer *** and you cheat on her or mess around when you're broken up, then you come back because she was the one who makes you happy. That's how I feel about my Pre. I've tried the Evo, messed with friends' Blackberries and used my girlfriend's Iphone. While other phones have certain features that I prefer over the Pre (bigger screen, more memory, more apps), the Pre fits me better than any other phone I've tried. That's what it comes down to for me. With the Homebrew apps and patches, I've turned it into a phone that is customized just for me. It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me until I find another phone that suits me better. Maybe an Iphone or Blackberry or Evo is better for other people. But it should really be a decision based on YOUR needs and wants, not what others perceive as cool.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    You may not need an iPhone to video chat, but you definitely need something other than a Pre.
    still cool in my book...just like an old car without the modern frills...i came to WebOs from a Win phone....if sprint didn't release anymore phones to run the best Os going...i would buy a tube of superglue and a roll of duct tape to hold this Cool phone together
    got a new battery on my pre (have an iphone, don't use) my pre still way out cools in functionality. Even without a volume button... i could buy anything, but I would rather wait.
    My Pre isn't cool anymore? lol

People, its a fricken phone. When it rings, I answer it, when I need to make a call I use it. It is patched to my liking and has a few apps. I use it to keep track of my schedule and I text friends and coworkers. Its a PHONE!

Some people act like they are dating their phone. It isn't cool anymore . . . lol.

ET
    Pre is too small for video anyway, but is perfect as message and PDA phone.

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    My Pre isn't cool anymore? lol

People, its a fricken phone. When it rings, I answer it, when I need to make a call I use it. It is patched to my liking and has a few apps. I use it to keep track of my schedule and I text friends and coworkers. Its a PHONE!

Some people act like they are dating their phone. It isn't cool anymore . . . lol.

ET
    To me, my phone is much more than a phone. It's a mini computer that I keep in my pocket! The more things I can do with, the better.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I got the Pre on launch day for Sprint and that was a long time ago. I loved it and had it for a long time but it died like all phones do so now I have an Evo. I like android but it just doesn't have the "zing" that WebOS does. I am happy with it and I commend Google, HTC, and Sprint for their hard work. BUT, there is just a part of me that wants WebOS back and thankfully, I will be switching to Verizon in the summer when I will have to buy a new phone.... Pre 2 Plus? When I think about it the Pre and the Evo aren't really much far apart. Pre is but still I would pick it up over an Evo....
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I love my Pre, got it in June of 09 and it is still going strong and will be 2 years old this June. Yes, Sprint is going to a different plan, but many people will still be Premier customers eligible for the 1 year upgrade and BTW, my Pre is cool.
    Just wait, lol...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234