Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My work as a security supervisor has about ten officers under me in the 23 to 27 year age range and a mix of males and females. All have the droids, epics, iphones, etc. just the other day a female employee looking at my phone says, "Sir, you really need a cool phone"

So this topic is a bit funny to me.

Really I say, and just why do I need a cool phone?

Well you need ability to email.

Got that.

Well you need IM.

Got that.

Well you need GPS.

Got that.

Well you need games.

Got that and to be honest not spending a tremendous amount of time gaming on this little screen. I have a gaming rig PC, wii, xbox and ps3 for that.

We went round and round LOL
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    You can actually chat with anyone if you have an iPhone 4 using the front facing video camera. Skype released an update to fully support the camera over 3G or WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Hmm, idk
    Yeah, they all have the same size headphone jacks. No adapters needed.
    I can make my phone as cool as I want it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    +1,995,743,812.6

A phone is only ever as cool as the person using it thinks it is.

No one should use a phone to define themselves.

Sent from my eVo
    commas! woohoo!
    I see pandas.
    I thought the only thing "uncool" about phones was this:

I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    You can actually chat with anyone if you have an iPhone 4 using the front facing video camera. Skype released an update to fully support the camera over 3G or WiFi.
    Yeah, it's relatively new though so I think the other guy can be forgiven for not knowing yet that iPhone users can now videochat with others.

Although I think this is better: http://venturebeat.com/2010/10/12/ta...-1m-downloads/

I don't think Android does video calls yet with it's skype app.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    commas! woohoo!
    ROFL! I almost left them out, but thought of you!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    Yeah, it's relatively new though so I think the other guy can be forgiven for not knowing yet that iPhone users can now videochat with others.

Although I think this is better: http://venturebeat.com/2010/10/12/ta...-1m-downloads/

I don't think Android does video calls yet with it's skype app.
    On Android there are several other apps that do it, including Oovo.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I currently have no use for a front facing camera, which from what I understand is overrated. A nicer camera with zoom would be nice along with hdmi output, but I can wait.
    I already know the ffc is a feature I'll never use.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I already know the ffc is a feature I'll never use.

Sent from my eVo
    Because then we would never see your phone in your avatar?
    HP did not spend a fortune on Palm just to let it fizzle. These things take time and current market dominance doesn't mean permanent market dominance.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    The future is nigh!
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I still get a kick out of how so many tech things become uncool so quickly. I have a Sega Dreamcast (and Saturn and Genesis) and I enjoy playing $1 games that someone once paid $50 for. It was cool when it was $50, but not cool at $1. I guess they re-programmed it in the meantime and removed the mojo? The Pre was, and is, very cool. Nothing comes close to webOS. So, there isn't a new phone yet, so what? Does your Pre still work? I'm not aware of any major apps that won't run on my Pre Minus with 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    The future is nigh!
    yeah seriously. Why does it seem like there's exponentially more whiney "my almost two year old phone isn't new anymore" and "why does Palm suck so much I'm getting some Samsung Android phone that Samsung will stop updating after 6 months" threads lately?

9 Feb 2011. Save the date. Seriously get that on your calendar, it's going to be at least somewhat exciting. With all the Buzz HP has around the event, surely they won't disappoint. If you're seriously considering giving up on webOS and Palm 9 days before the announcement, that's kinda sad. Hang in there, in 9 days HP will have a new carrot to lead us along.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowslinger View Post
    My work as a security supervisor has about ten officers under me in the 23 to 27 year age range and a mix of males and females. All have the droids, epics, iphones, etc. just the other day a female employee looking at my phone says, "Sir, you really need a cool phone"

So this topic is a bit funny to me.

Really I say, and just why do I need a cool phone?

Well you need ability to email.

Got that.

Well you need IM.

Got that.

Well you need GPS.

Got that.

Well you need games.

Got that and to be honest not spending a tremendous amount of time gaming on this little screen. I have a gaming rig PC, wii, xbox and ps3 for that.

We went round and round LOL
    You should said " I can do this too " and preceded to open a game start it then open the messaging app while the game was on pause and then text her and then open the email app and write an email then go back to the game for a sec. All the while smiling at her then open the phone app and call her and then show her that your game is still right there ready to be continued. Then you should have told herto go get a cool phone and get back with ya wheb she found one lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    You should said " I can do this too " and preceded to open a game start it then open the messaging app while the game was on pause and then text her and then open the email app and write an email then go back to the game for a sec. All the while smiling at her then open the phone app and call her and then show her that your game is still right there ready to be continued. Then you should have told herto go get a cool phone and get back with ya wheb she found one lol

Just don't do this if you're running a Pre Minus. Nothing "sells" a phone on your friends when you say, "wait, you've got to see this amazing 3D game (NOVA, Asphalt 5, HAWX, NFL 2010, whatever)" and you tap on the icon only to get a too many cards error. Your friend will then ask what cards are, and you get to explain how cards let you multitask if you got a Pre with enough RAM, but just hang in there with me for five minutes or so while this re-boots and then I'll show you the cool game...

I usually only show it off with Tiger Woods or FIFA 2010, since those are well programmed and don't pull a TMC error.

I love my Pre Minus and webOS, but I am leery of showing people what it can do unless I have re-booted VERY recently, like within hours of when I will show it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    Just don't do this if you're running a Pre Minus. Nothing "sells" a phone on your friends when you say, "wait, you've got to see this amazing 3D game (NOVA, Asphalt 5, HAWX, NFL 2010, whatever)" and you tap on the icon only to get a too many cards error. Your friend will then ask what cards are, and you get to explain how cards let you multitask if you got a Pre with enough RAM, but just hang in there with me for five minutes or so while this re-boots and then I'll show you the cool game...

I usually only show it off with Tiger Woods or FIFA 2010, since those are well programmed and don't pull a TMC error.

I love my Pre Minus and webOS, but I am leery of showing people what it can do unless I have re-booted VERY recently, like within hours of when I will show it off.
    I havnt got the to many cards error in over a year lol
    I run 800 uberkernel !!!

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    the front camera really isnt as big as you think it is. Sure its nice and pretty cool, how many people do you know with front facing cameras. Now subtract the iphone because to chat with them you need an iphone as well. Yeah its cool but not a must have
    Not true, a lot of video chat apps that are cross platform. Tango and Fring to name a couple of really good ones. Video chat all the time with my family, I have android and they have apple os.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast