1.    #1  
    So my Pre started to developed some hairline cracks by the usb, and on a few of the corners. I took some touchup car paint that comes in a container you can use like a nail polish brush. I got it at Advance Auto Parts

I went around the perimeter with a slightly thick coat and made even coatings around it, and it covered the cracks & gave my Pre a new shiney finish. In the pics it may look kind of uneven, but I assure you in person its near impossible somebody would probably even notice I did this. If you really got into it I'm sure you could coat it with the paint then wet sand it for a perfect finish to look like new.

I do have on a screen protector so you'll see that in the pics, but I just put the paint around the outside edge...if you want to see more pics too, let me know. Basically it was do this, or probably have the cracks extend into the screen and only get worse. I'm just trying to keep it going til a new phones announced.

A few basic things to note are:
    -use thick coats and brush it on smooth/quick, and don't put a 2nd coat on too soon because the paint tends to get tacky if you try to apply a 2nd coat too soon.
    -try to avoid overlapping layers because I noticed you can see the brush strokes if so
    -dont go too close to the screen, try to follow a thick coat around the outside edge perimeter only to make it as un-noticeable as possible.
    -i'm not responsible if you make your phone look worse haha.
    I did the same a few months ago.. Works great!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    mine isn't quite as clean. I used gorilla glue, a toothpick, and a black sharpie lol
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    mine isn't quite as clean. I used gorilla glue, a toothpick, and a black sharpie lol
    And ppl say geek squad is over priced! /sarcasm

Ltm ltm ltm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    lol they are but they usually can get the job done. Eventually.
    Is colour shift an option? I'm not much of an artist, but I think a black-fade-to-harleyorange would look pretty sick
    dude or like racing stripes!
    Flames!! Mine runs kind of hot anyway...

I used locktite plasitc glue, it fuses (melts) the plastic, so I'm pretty sure the cracks won't spread. Then I darkened the glued areas with a sharpie. It's not pretty, but I need the phone to last a bit longer.
    flames would be sick. Or what about installing LED's!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    flames would be sick. Or what about installing LED's!
    We don't have enough battery issues already?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    can't decide...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/03/2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: the site says the matching wallpaper can be downloaded...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    found some flames too... ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice!

My Themes:CLICK HERE