1.    #1  
    Hi,
    i have a question: Is it possible to install Linux on the palm pre, that you can use Linux-programms?
    The Palm Pre runs Linux, if you install Preware and Optware you can find many linux terminal programs, exactly what do you want to run on it?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    You could also try using a linux rootfs. WebOS Internals has a guide for doing this with a debian rootfs. They provide a link to a debian image. An ubuntu rootfs can also work, but I haven't found one that has been set up for you, so it would take a little more work to set up.

http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki?search=debian

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. r9s
    Little off-topic, but it is possible to install Android on Pre? I know that's weird question, but I wonna know
    two mexicans have portet android 2.e on the pre, they used OMAG (whatever this is)

http://tamspalm.de/2010/04/android-auf-palm-pre/ (its in german try google translator, or just look at the picutres)

read this: http://www.mail-archive.com/id-andro.../msg03035.html

i wouldnt try it.
    Last edited by DirkGently; 01/30/2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by r9s View Post
    Little off-topic, but it is possible to install Android on Pre? I know that's weird question, but I wonna know
    NO
  7. r9s
    Thanks for answers. But every app like 'Terminal' can run only bash script - is there any perl shell or ruby, python, php etc?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Thanks for answers. But every app like 'Terminal' can run only bash script - is there any perl shell or ruby, python, php etc?
    Try searching for keyword "optware" and see what's been ported and waiting for download.....
    In Preware, you should install the Optware Advanced Linux Command Line Installer patch. This patch will install ipkg-opt, which you can use to find packages that are available via command line. I'm pretty sure perl, ruby, python, and php can be found using ipkg-opt. You can install packages such as apache, vim, and git, and a lot of other things. You just need to explore and find what you need.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    NO
    Sorry, still off topic, but how about an android emulator in which to run android apps?
    Palm III -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Centro+Centro ->
    Pre(minus)+Samsung Epic -> Pre 3 (Summer?(@Sprint?))
    Nope. lol

Why not just buy an Android phone?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    two mexicans have portet android 2.e on the pre, they used OMAG (whatever this is)

Android auf Palm Pre TamsPalm Deutschland – Aktuelles, News und Testberichte rund um webOS & Android (its in german try google translator, or just look at the picutres)

read this: [id-android] Android on Palm Pre

i wouldnt try it.
    Wow. I just read this. They are saying that it is possible to install android on the USB partition which will allow Android to be started from Webos!
    Let me know how it works.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Look at the Post date
    Aprils Fools!