1.    #1  
    I have a new AT&T Palm Pre Plus running webOS 1.4.5. On older versions you could select 2g/3g/Automatic for you network but that's no longer available. AT&T said you can't select the network naymore. Anybody know any hacks for select 2g? Problem is that if the phone even smells 3g it switches from 5 bar Edge to 0 bar 3g and I can't make or receive calls in my office.
    I believe on ATT, dial #*#3836# on the phone dialpad and change data mode to 1xRTT
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    You had a patch that you uninstalled. The patch(available via Preware) is called "Toggle 3G in menu(English only)". For some reason, the regular Toggle 3G in menu patch does not work on my AT&T Palm Pre Plus.
    you can also turn off data (3g radio) in the menu of the phone app.
    Are you sure that would work on an AT&T device? Do they ever operate on a voice-only spectrum like the CDMA phones do?
  6.    #6  
    The latest version of the OS (at least on an AT&T phone) doesn't have that menu option.
  7.    #7  
    Tried the #*3836# (also tried ##3836# since there are other codes like that) and got "USSD request failed. Network failure."
    Quote Originally Posted by mreinco View Post
    Tried the #*3836# (also tried ##3836# since there are other codes like that) and got "USSD request failed. Network failure."
    But did you try #*# in front?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    But did you try #*# in front?
    That didn't work either. I found a list of "hash" codes in the form ##ddd# where ddd is some combination of digits. None seem to work. I think AT&T is the problem.
    ## is sprint, I thought #*# was ATT, but I've never been on ATT, SOOOOO..
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I use Quick System Tasks for switching 2G/3G on AT&T, usually when 3G signal is weak:

Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    I use Quick System Tasks for switching 2G/3G on AT&T, usually when 3G signal is weak:

Quick System Tasks - BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    I saw that but it says it supports 1.3.1. I have 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by mreinco View Post
    I saw that but it says it supports 1.3.1. I have 1.4.5
    Generally, that means that's the minimum it will support. There are many that use it, with no problems on 1.4.5.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    ## is sprint, I thought #*# was ATT, but I've never been on ATT, SOOOOO..
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ash-codes.html

Here is a list of Pre hash codes. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $ones$ $that$ $work$ $on$ $both$ $CDMA$ $and$ $GSM$ ($not$ $all$ $of$ $them$ $do$) $use$ $a$ $slightly$ $different$ $syntax$ $for$ $the$ $same$ $code$:

CDMA is ##code# and GSM is #*code#

Hopefully one of these will help!