Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a sucker buying this coming months garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I have been a sucker buying this coming moths garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    Less time to wait to find out if they were yanking your chain?
    1-52 weeks

HP really dumb at making announcement.
    I have been a sucker buying this coming moths garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    what did you buy

anyway I think we have a date for some answers the 9th of febuary, some leaks, and a reduction in the increments of vague time (months to weeks)

plus it's not just palm any longer it's a huge companie that makes more laptops than anyone, so you know corporate vague but capeable
  5.    #5  
    I bought the palm pre
    Hey, me too. On 6/6/2009 haha
    I guess this is a "glass half empty" forum, really shocker there, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I guess this is a "glass half empty" forum, really shocker there, lol.
    I think that's just because not much has really happened in the webOS world during the past year or so...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm not unhappy with my original webOS device, so waiting hasn't been an issue. Homebrewing, patches, and F105 overclock kernel have kept me happy. My glass has been full. I don't need to change devices every 3-6 months. Maybe if I ate more microwaveable food I'd see the world differently.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I have been a sucker buying this coming months garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    When the original Palm Pre was announced, it was in January of 2008, but it did not go on sale until June of 2008. With that sort of delay, the hype of the announcement was allowed to die, and only those who really liked what they saw stuck with it and bought the original Palm Pre on Sprint.

Now, Sprint isn't a bad company, but due to not having the overall coverage of AT&T and Verizon, Sprint as an exclusive partner for the first six months was a bad move, since it allowed whatever public hype that remained from the initial announcement to die out for non-Sprint customers.

So, what HP is saying is that when they announce the new devices on Feb 9th, they will be launched by the carriers, probably within a month. This is similar to Apple announcing the new iPhone and it being available for sale fairly quickly.

Going forward, any new devices will also be closer to a "hard launch" of a product than an announcement of a device that won't be out for ages. We can hope from this that HP will push the WebOS 2 upgrade on the carriers, giving them under a month to accept the OS upgrade, rather than letting the carriers delay OS updates for four months the way they have been.
    Gee, I must have slept for a year.
    Guess I was a year late. All along I thought I had a launch day device. Damn.
    What company told you something was coming in "coming weeks"?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What company told you something was coming in "coming weeks"?
    Actually phil (or that other guy leo )said it himself I do believe . Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. So I expect something will be out within 1 month of the feb. 9th event .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Devices should be coming out two at a time pretty consitently this year I thought.
    I wonder what the new mobile mobile division is going to be called now that they are killing the palm name.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Devices should be coming out two at a time pretty consitently this year I thought.
    Yea, I remember Palm saying something along the lines of releasing a new device every two months this year...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    An average of 2 devices every other month is what I think was said.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I guess if that isn't frequent enough for some then they need an Intervention! Or they need to go with one of many Android options and leave webOS.
    this afternoon in an interview with the BBC Leo said that HP will not play the long waiting game from announcement to release. He said the wait would be "weeks not months".
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast