Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apparently that's still too long for some. I digress back to my launch day Pre (apparently from 2008) LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I wonder what the new mobile mobile division is going to be called now that they are killing the palm name.
    Phoenix
    Hmm, I can't seem to access DevMode typing webos20080606, what gives HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hahaha!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Lol ltm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What?!? This thing has a battery? And I've been carrying the TouchStone and a generator around with me every where.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/28/2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Lol ltm

Noooooo.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Actually phil (or that other guy leo )said it himself I do believe . Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. So I expect something will be out within 1 month of the feb. 9th event .

That was my point. He didn't promise any date to anyone. He said weeks (implying a very short time) after a product announcement.

No announcement yet, so no timeframe yet (other than we know when announcments are coming).
    Phoenix
    HP iPAQ WebOS!! iPAQ vs iPhone.
    I've heard from a reliable source "coming weeks" means, SOON'ISH.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I have been a sucker buying this coming months garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    My interpretation would be sometime within the next 7 weeks. If it was 8 weeks, that would be 2 months, so the phrase "the coming months" would still apply.

Since they upgraded it to "the coming weeks" then it can't be months...so it must mean 7 weeks or less.
    I think "in the coming weeks" = "in the coming months" divided by 4. or when HP saw what Palm was ready to bring to market said WTH were you thinking? Anyway by Mar 15 I'll know if I'm staying with webOS or moving to Gingerbread/Honeycomb.

Anything
    But
    Apple
    i dont know if this was always there but on sprints compare page where you compare phones list "New Palm webOS platform" in the column on the left
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I have been a sucker buying this coming months garbage. Now they want me to buy coming weeks. What does it mean!
    No mention in the quote that I saw about "coming weeks".

the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later
    Nothing ambiguous about that. It is quite obvious what it means.
    Here's the link in question on engadget: HP CEO: New webOS products shipping weeks after February 9 reveal, another big announcement March 14 -- Engadget

Now, if anyone has been following, new phones probably be out before March 14th. Considering he'll need that to explain how everything is connected in the HP world where there's less than 1 degree of separation. Can't really have a big presentation about every device talking to another device if the devices are vaporware.

If he's serious and wants people to start saying "That's as cool as HP" instead of "That's as cool as Apple" [sidenote: I have never heard anyone say something so damn corny about any company, let alone Apple.] then he'll need to bring out new hardware fast and make it sleek/strong. He's trying to take a huge departure from Mr. We-Didn't-Buy-Palm-To-Be-In-The-Cellphone-Business-Oh-And-I-Like-Short-Skirts and releasing new hardware as long as with having this press event will put him in a good position as the new CEO of HP.

In short, WebOS = Apotheker's image as a CEO
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    soon
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    A couple weeks has to be less than a months' time, otherwise it would have been said differently. I'm thinking beginning of March.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    It means sooner than the coming months?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

My Sprint rep for the past several years told me on Thursday I'd be able to upgrade to a new HP phone by the time I'm eligible, which is Apr. 1st....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast