Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hang in there. I spoke with my Sprint rep yesterday while buying a replacement for my wife's lost Pre (got her an EVO Shift) and he made a comment to me that got me hopeful. We go way back and he's been money on everything to date but I realize there's a lotta' haters out there but life's too short to worry about them so here goes...he said that Sprint is going to announce a new Hpalm groundbreaking phone even before HP has their shindig on the 9th. He heard this from the owners of the franchise. Makes no sense? Maybe. But maybe he's right and they are doing this to build momentum for the real unveiling on the 9th by HP. Maybe this is just going to be a tease so HP has everyone's attention on the 9th. If they do it right and this is truly a revolutionary phone coming down the pipes then it's a win-win for Sprint and HP. I can hardly wait now...he also said they would have the phones before my upgrade comes up April 1st. Believe what you want.
    sounds interesting for sure....got my attention....my contract runs out in June and would love to have another Palm/HP phone so I can stay with Sprint.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hang in there. I spoke with my Sprint rep yesterday while buying a replacement for my wife's lost Pre (got her an EVO Shift) and he made a comment to me that got me hopeful. We go way back and he's been money on everything to date but I realize there's a lotta' haters out there but life's too short to worry about them so here goes...he said that Sprint is going to announce a new Hpalm groundbreaking phone even before HP has their shindig on the 9th. He heard this from the owners of the franchise. Makes no sense? Maybe. But maybe he's right and they are doing this to build momentum for the real unveiling on the 9th by HP. Maybe this is just going to be a tease so HP has everyone's attention on the 9th. If they do it right and this is truly a revolutionary phone coming down the pipes then it's a win-win for Sprint and HP. I can hardly wait now...he also said they would have the phones before my upgrade comes up April 1st. Believe what you want.
    Actually this would be the perfect move for both Sprint and HP. With the iPhone launching on Verizon on Feb. 10th, this would give them a showing before people lock into the V-iPhone for 2 years. If it is in fact "truly a revolutionary phone" it may just pull some people away from the iPhone. It may have an effect on the iPhone launch by having people wait to get a hands on test of this truly revolutionary phone, before committing to 2 years.
    This is not the first comment that I have heard about a new webOS coming to Sprint in the very near future.
    If you want another Pre to hold you over, i got a spare from this guy for $20 used just as a backup...he has like a zillion pre's listed, just check the condition. Some have chargers and some dont. The one I got had a charger for $20, so I was happy. But most bids are ending in $18-$25 range for the used, and higher for a few he has that said great shape.
    palm pre items - Get great deals on Cell Phones items on eBay Stores!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Wouldn't get one on ebay till you try Sprint. Like I said, $35 without TEP for a replacement through Sprint. If they won't replace it (shouldnt be an issue), then hit ebay.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if Sprint will replace a Pre on Total Equipment Protection with another model, like an Android phone? I've got a minor headphone jack issue and it's something I've dealt with and is bearable, but I'd love to turn that $7 a month I've been paying since launch day to get a new phone for free (sans-contract extension). I've had a long relationship with Palm ever since the Palm Vx, but it's sadly time for me to part ways with the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanlee View Post
    Does anybody know if Sprint will replace a Pre on Total Equipment Protection with another model, like an Android phone? I've got a minor headphone jack issue and it's something I've dealt with and is bearable, but I'd love to turn that $7 a month I've been paying since launch day to get a new phone for free (sans-contract extension). I've had a long relationship with Palm ever since the Palm Vx, but it's sadly time for me to part ways with the platform.
    Only after 3 or so replacements, usually.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12