Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm still on my original day 1 Pre and haven't had any problems with it. I love the phone. But this week my phone app has started to do some weird things. On Monday, I got a call and answered and talked normally, but when the call was over, the screen was still black and I couldn't do anything. It was like proximity sensor was stuck. I restarted my phone and everything seemed to work fine. Then I made a call and the same thing. The only way to get the screen back was to restart. Every other app works fine,.

but then today I got a call and I'm talking and my phone hung up on the person calling me, but immediately called them back. The screen came back when I moved the phone away from my face (as it should) so I could look and see what was going on and it was on call waiting calling back the other person. Ok. That was weird. Then when I made another call, the phone app disappeared, and the contacts list came up (with the call log in the bottom of the screen) and then a notification came up saying "no free lines available".

Anybody else experienced something like this? Will running WebOSDoctor fix it? Any suggestions Pre community?
    I've experienced worse... My girlfriend's Palm Pre started calling me out of nowhere... over and over and over and over... for like 20 minutes. I had like 20 calls. She had no idea it happened since she didn't even touch the phone. I called her and asked why she called 20 times and had no clue what I was talking about.

My Pre has had plenty of issues too... my phone makes all kinds of annoying clicking noises while I'm talking to someone (I believe only i can hear it) and then today when it was doing it the phone would randomly cut out as if something in the phone was loose.

Man, I hope the next HP/Webos phone doesn't have sucky hardware like the Pre.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yikes. I hope mine doesn't start to do that. I'm wanting to hold out to see when HP is going to put their new phone out, but my guess is, it won't be anytime soon. Right now it's more of a nuisance and hopefully it doesn't get worse cause I kinda need the phone part to actually work.
    I don't know what patches would impact the phone to that degree, but if you'd added anything recently, try removing them and see if it helps. If nothing else, back up what you can (Preware and Save/Restore make this so much smoother) and run the doctor. I've got a buggy replacement* phone that I've wiped multiple times. Never fixes the camera or the phone mic, but when it starts to get choppy and freeze up again, wiping gets it running good for a few days.

*temp. Waiting for my new replacement any day now.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I haven't added any apps in the last couple of weeks. At least that I can think of, but I''ll probably try to Dr. it tonight and hopefully that works. Thanks
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Also, dirty or misplaced screen protectors can mess up the proximity sensor.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Also, dirty or misplaced screen protectors can mess up the proximity sensor.
    You know, I didn't even think about that. I took it off and it seems to work. Something so simple. Thanks.
    I knew my phone screen was completely gone when it ordered an app for me. Fortunately, it appeared to be a free app....but it just had a mind of it's own. It was freaky watching the screen just start to go.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton