Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Is there any way to overclock webos 2.0 on the palm pre minus? Will uberkernel from 1.4.5 work?
    Uberkernel won't work today. But the expectation is that it will be updated shortly after Palm makes the code available, which is usually within a week or two from when the carrier releases the update to their subscribers.

The guys over at WOS Internals have been working on it so they will have a head start when the 2.x code becomes available!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    alright. cool. I was just hoping that the kernel hadnt changed much from 1.4.5 so webos 2.0 could use it, but i guess i will have to wait.
    Well, since HP announced they're not gonna do it, I went ahead and downloaded the 2.0 doctor that's out, and although I could find no kernels in the testing feeds once I got Preware installed, I was able to get Govnah running and at least remove the 100MHz underclock and get it to the full 600MHz with no overclock kernel. Here's hoping the overclocked 2.0 kernels come soon.. (Although, even the extra 100MHz added helped a surprising amount on 2.0.. At least it's running a bit smoother now.)
    I agree 600mhz did boost quite a bit. Is there any way to trick or force preware to install the old 1.4.5 kernels? I would be willing to try it even if it bricks my Pre. I want to try. I wish I knew how.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I agree 600mhz did boost quite a bit. Is there any way to trick or force preware to install the old 1.4.5 kernels? I would be willing to try it even if it bricks my Pre. I want to try. I wish I knew how.
    Not gonna work.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    nor is it guaranteed their will ever be an overclock for the hacked pre rom. The coding for that may be completely different or outdated.
    Kernels are not to be screwed with people. They are serious.
    is 2.0 slowing down your phone or acting real buggy lol i bet it is !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    Is there any way to overclock webos 2.0 on the palm pre minus?
    There is no kernel source code published that can be used for webOS 2.x on anything other than the Pre 2.

Will uberkernel from 1.4.5 work?
    No.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is 2.0 slowing down your phone or acting real buggy lol i bet it is !
    Actually, No it's not. It is a little bit slower than I'm used to with my Pre Plus overclocked to 1.2, but I installed Govnah and now have it running at a true 600. Of course not as fast, but it's clean and smooth.
    hi

how did you deleted the 100 mhz underclock after flashing the 2.0 webos version?

and does the free apps, as facebook are available?

Ty for answer
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous691 View Post
    hi

how did you deleted the 100 mhz underclock after flashing the 2.0 webos version?

and does the free apps, as facebook are available?

Ty for answer
    If you install Govnah (which you get after installing Preware), you can modify the Palm Default settings. To do this you need to launch Govnah and do the following:

Touch"Profile"
    Touch on "Advance Settings"
    Touch "CPU Frequency"
    Touch "MIN FREQ" and set it to 600 Mhz
    Make sure "MAX FREQ" is set to 600 Mhz
    Touch "SET SPEED" and set it to 600 Mhz
    Touch "Apply Settings"

You're all good to go now :-)