Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I plussed my sprint pre and finished it last night. Works great, and installed preware, govnah, dr battery and several patches like call block, haptic key response, and date on the top bar. When it was a Verizon Plre Plus, it charged fine. I even installed my music back on it. When it put it on the touchstone before bed, it said charging.

Woke up this morning to a dead phone, then the power plug indicator. Thought I might have a bad battery so I swapped the 2 month old battery out of my other phone and fired it up. Was a 50% so I put it on the charger. Noticed later it hadnt gone up. I pulled Dr. Battery and when you select calibrate it said discharging even though there was the lightening bolt next to the battery.

I have removed all my patches and govnah, with the exception of Preware and cannot get it to charge. I am about to Doctor it again with the normal web doctor, but was wondering if anyone had experienced the same thing?

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Have you plugged into the computer yet ? Does it give you a just charge or anything ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Have you plugged into the computer yet ? Does it give you a just charge or anything ?

Yes, it gives the option to charge, usb, or media synch.

I am in the process of running the doctor on it. As I was getting it set up the battery went to the battery icon on the screen, and webos doctor charged it and then started the doctoring process, so it is charging, just for some reason not when the OS was up.

I'll update as soon as its done....52% right now.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Kool

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    I plussed my sprint pre and finished it last night. Works great, and installed preware, govnah, dr battery and several patches like call block, haptic key response, and date on the top bar. When it was a Verizon Plre Plus, it charged fine. I even installed my music back on it. When it put it on the touchstone before bed, it said charging.

Woke up this morning to a dead phone, then the power plug indicator. Thought I might have a bad battery so I swapped the 2 month old battery out of my other phone and fired it up. Was a 50% so I put it on the charger. Noticed later it hadnt gone up. I pulled Dr. Battery and when you select calibrate it said discharging even though there was the lightening bolt next to the battery.

I have removed all my patches and govnah, with the exception of Preware and cannot get it to charge. I am about to Doctor it again with the normal web doctor, but was wondering if anyone had experienced the same thing?
    There are several cases of this happening in the main thread. You're going to need to redo the token transfer as one or more of the tokens wasn't copied over properly.

Did you transfer the token by hand-typing, by copy & pasting, or by using the Show Properties app? There are two tokens that should include an == at the very end which often are left off of the "word" when you try to do a double-click for copy & paste.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    There are several cases of this happening in the main thread. You're going to need to redo the token transfer as one or more of the tokens wasn't copied over properly.

Did you transfer the token by hand-typing, by copy & pasting, or by using the Show Properties app? There are two tokens that should include an == at the very end which often are left off of the "word" when you try to do a double-click for copy & paste.
    I used internalz to view them on the donor pre, and then typed them into a txt file. I believe I cut and paste it into castle.xml, but I honestly cant remember.

I opened up the castle.xml file and there are two files that have the == at the end.

Man, I hope I didn't write one down wrong....ulp!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

Well, I'm afarid that is the case. I have compelted the doctoring and it does the same thing. With WebOS up it does not charge, however it does when its off. Not very practical.

Since I handtyped the tokens to a notepad file, is there a way to check them again? I still have the donor pre, so my thoughts are I can put the com board back in it, and rerun internalz and see what the error might be.

Thoughts?

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    I am in the same boat as you. Sprint Charged Fine, so did my Verizon Donor, plus shows charging but it still drains.

At the moment I am using an external charger and swapping batteries. Not the most convenient but it works.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. Sprint Charged Fine, so did my Verizon Donor, plus shows charging but it still drains.

At the moment I am using an external charger and swapping batteries. Not the most convenient but it works.
    My only problem with that is I use a touchstone in my car and use navigation and pandora frequently....

I'm probably going to have to redo the plussing....ugh.

RIP Palm OS and WebOS

I'm probably going to have to redo the plussing....ugh.
    Let me know if that solves your issue, I will give the meta doctor another shot if it does.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Let me know if that solves your issue, I will give the meta doctor another shot if it does.
    Well, the only good news is that I set up another desktop and installed ubuntu on it, so I have all the files already, just need to unpack the meta doctor, fix the castle.xml, and repack it and redo the two doctors..

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    make sure to double check your tokens
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    make sure to double check your tokens
    Found it. On the BATToRSP token, 2 figures got left off at the end....

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Well, I'm afarid that is the case. I have compelted the doctoring and it does the same thing. With WebOS up it does not charge, however it does when its off. Not very practical.

Since I handtyped the tokens to a notepad file, is there a way to check them again? I still have the donor pre, so my thoughts are I can put the com board back in it, and rerun internalz and see what the error might be.

Thoughts?
    If you rebuild the original donor Pre, then yes, you should be able to re-check your tokens. You might want to install Show Properties and then use that to get both the "Comm Board Swap" list and the "Full" list.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If you rebuild the original donor Pre, then yes, you should be able to re-check your tokens. You might want to install Show Properties and then use that to get both the "Comm Board Swap" list and the "Full" list.
    Yep, thats what I did after I saw that in a search. Fortunately on the donor pre I had installed Preware and played with is some, so it was good to go.

I've already extracted the CORRECTED tokens, and am in the process of redoing everything.

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Good luck!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    That did it. I had left off a couple of figures on the end of the BATToRSP token. Thats why everything else worked and it would charge when turned off.

Anyone I rebuilt the castle.xml file, repacked everything and re-doctored it. Since it was already activated it went right into WebOS after the first doctor and I put it on the charger and sure enough it started to go up.

I am now doing the Sprint doctor and then will start back with Preware and stuff....

Thanks for everyones help!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Well I know what im doing this weekend...

CONGRATS!
    I have the same issue. I transcribed the tokens and did not see those last 2 digits. But I cannot find an easy way to reinstall the tokens. I am having a hard time repacking meta-doctor--the old tokens have reappeared, even though I changed castle.xml to the proper tokens. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    when I redid it because I am not very good with linux, I just deleted my old modded-doctor and started over, even redownloading the doctor, rerunning nano Makefile, and the modding the castle.xml.

I treated it as a brand new "plussing" which allowed me to follow the directions.

I'm not sure if that helps, but it got me done and running.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast