Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So since the couple of updates, i am not exactly sure when, the 3rd option of connecting to a PC is gone, i only see connect as USB drive or charge.

How do i make play lists now if pre doesn't act as a ipod device? It's not that i use itunes but is there another way of using playlists?

I am trying media monkey but i have fail so far to make it work like I have read in some people's posts.
  2. D2
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    You can reactivate the option of media mode in phone options on the top left pull down bar.

I've tried lots of other ways but just wasted several hours. In the end, media mode and old version of iTunes is the easiest (and only) way that worked for me!

Goodluck.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperian View Post
    So since the couple of updates, i am not exactly sure when, the 3rd option of connecting to a PC is gone, i only see connect as USB drive or charge.

How do i make play lists now if pre doesn't act as a ipod device? It's not that i use itunes but is there another way of using playlists?

I am trying media monkey but i have fail so far to make it work like I have read in some people's posts.
    The option to re-activate Media Sync is accessible by going to Device Information, and then select Enable Media Sync from the Preferences Menu in the upper left corner of the screen.

For playlists, and if you're using the stock music player, I've always found the easiest way to be to create one using Notepad (or similar) on the computer, and then moving it to the directory of your phone where all your music is located via USB mode. The playlist should be named something with the extension ".m3u". Each song should be on its own line, and be in the format of "Artist/Album Name/Song.mp3" or however you happen to have your music folder structure set up on your phone.

Even easier and better, in my opinion, if you're up for using a different music player, is the free Homebrew app Amigo. You can find info online at Amigo Music Player | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community and Amigo Music Player for Palm webOS by Ryhor Burakou. That app allows you to create playlists within the app itself, works great, and will remain free going forward.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i dont mind using another player. i think the one in the phone is crappy anyway.

i thought the player in the phone doesn't support m3u files?
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperian View Post
    i dont mind using another player. i think the one in the phone is crappy anyway.

i thought the player in the phone doesn't support m3u files?
    m3u are definitely supported by WebOS. Either way, if you use Amigo, you won't even have to worry about the file extension for play lists, as you can just create them "on the fly" from within the app itself.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    woo it works, i enabled the media sync and media monkey detected it
    You can also run an older version of iTunes and you should be able to sync with that. Just make sure you remove completely all newer instances of iTunes before you do that (including clearing out the files in your computer's directory).

My Themes:CLICK HERE