Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I will be sending in my Palm Pre Plus for repair tomorrow. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? If so, can you tell me how the experience was? As, I'm still a bit worried about sending my phone in to Palm.
    Just pay the extra $30 and have an advance refurb sent out to you. That way you won't ever have to be without your phone. That's what I did with my Pre Plus and couldn't be happier.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I *did* get my Pre back from Palm UK, but with a different keyboard firmware? It's like I'm using the Pre Plus, but my stock keyboard is Pre. >.<

Oh, I also *did* get a new battery together with my phone upon return, so there's that.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I sent in a Palm Pre Plus a couple weeks ago. Phone was out of my hands for only about 1 full week. I was impressed with that turn around time. They replaced it with a refurb of excellent quality, no more double tap or missed tap issues. That Pre Plus has now been converted to Sprint and is still working great!

Adrand
    They gave you a refurb? They repaired my phone and returned my original phone. Haven't had any problems with it since.
    I am getting my refurb through vzw today. Just curious, why did you guys go through palm rather than your carrier? Any advantage? I called for a refurb on sunday, and it is coming today via fedex. As soon as I activiate the new phone, I will send the original back.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I am getting my refurb through vzw today. Just curious, why did you guys go through palm rather than your carrier? Any advantage? I called for a refurb on sunday, and it is coming today via fedex. As soon as I activiate the new phone, I will send the original back.
    I went directly through palm instead of verizon because I wasn't a verizon customer. I only had the verizon pre in order to do the sprint plus conversion. I figured I should get everything fixed up before the warranty was definitely broken.

Adrand
    Ah, gotcha
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I really just went through Palm because it was cheaper. I didn't have insurance, and when I took it to the Sprint store, they were charging $30. I could ship it to Palm for $10. It just makes more financial sense to me to pay $10 if/when I need to instead of having an insurance plan draining money. Plus, with all the refurb horror stories, I have a lot more confidence in Palm's staff than refurb/carrier staff.