Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'm having problems after I swapped out a comm board. I had a radio pretty much die on me (it kept doing the "phone offline" thing). so i got a used pre on the cheap on ebay with a clean esn (rest of the phone was pretty much hosed).

So I swapped comm boards, and activated the new esn, but it won't connect to evdo so I can't activate my profile. Anyone know what I could do or what I did wrong?
    do a search for "sprint pre plus" - I'm no expert, but you have to swap the tokens (a series of files) before you swap and create a metadoctor to doctor the phone with the tokens from the other phone. It's not as easy as a swap (from my experience: At&T pre plus --> sprint).

others will no doubt chime in. the sprint pre-plus guide will show you how (google search for the precentral post). I used it to later swap to sprint pre minuses comm boards and it worked flawless
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So there is some kind of key that the radio and the system board share that has to match? In that case, i might as well just swap out the system board + comm board into my pre?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So putting the main system board and the comm board into my phone allowed it to activate, but now it's doing the same "Phone Offline" thing again! I messaged the guy on ebay I bought it from, but he said that it had never given him that message. Could it be just my phone chassis that is causing the problem?
    Did you do the metadoctor that was suggested?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    No, I pulled the entire system board + comm board from the other pre and put it into mine. There should be no token problems that way. The problem is now (as it was on my old pre) just the "phone offline" crap that everyone else seems to be getting these days. So I just lucked into getting another pre with the same problem as mine haha.
    Have you done a full erase and doctor? I was playing with patches a while back that resulted to similar symptoms. The doctor cleared it right up! Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've doctored a few times, but with no luck. I'm going to try and see if sprint will give me a refurb. Seems like they've been doing that a lot lately for this problem. (I just won't tell them that the comm board doesn't match the ESN haha )
    I believe the ESN is tied into the comm board.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    you know that is the wrong thing to do right? You swapped comms boards and want a new refurb. Hmm
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yes I know, my conscious got the better of me. I'll stick with my Treo 700p until the new pre comes out :\

ChemEngr: I put the system and comm boards out of another pre into mine, so the ESN on the comm board does not represent what ESN number is under the battery.
    if you swap comm boards don't you remove the little sicker over the one screw?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well, I never took that sticker off, so I never saw a screw there. What does it attach to? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    if you swap comm boards don't you remove the little sicker over the one screw?
    Yes, you are most definitely voiding the warranty if you attempt any comm board swapping. On the Pixis, it's actually the two bottom screws that they cover with those stickers.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Well, I never took that sticker off, so I never saw a screw there. What does it attach to? lol
    How did you remove the comm board... without removing that screw...
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.