View Poll Results: Do you still own a Webos phone?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I have an older Palm phone.

0 0%
  • Definitely, I am faithful.

268 74.24%
  • Yes, but I am considering other non-palm things in the near future.

67 18.56%
  • Nope, got rid of that already and I am not going back.

11 3.05%
  • No, but If something impressive comes out from Palm I will consider it.

15 4.16%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Most of my friends have Androids or iPhones. And yet, they look at my Pre admiringly. It's not the phone for everyone, but it's not a laughing stock, at least, not among the computer geeks that I hang out with.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Most of my friends have Androids or iPhones. And yet, they look at my Pre admiringly. It's not the phone for everyone, but it's not a laughing stock, at least, not among the computer geeks that I hang out with.
    Two kinds of computer geeks.
    1st - The ones who followed simple directions and think they are really smart because they managed to do something that they once again followed simple instructions for.
    2nd - The ones who actually know what they are doing and write the instructions. (I like these people better)

My point is WebOS is truly only appreciated by those who either use it or know alot about it such as those in the 2nd group

Btw, as the first group sort of describes half the users on PC I want to make it clear I'm not insulting anyone.
    I've had my Sprint Pre since launch day & I just bought a 2nd Pre on eBay for my wife. Best smartphone I've ever used (thanks to the homebrew community)

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm still running my "pre-launch" beta-test Pre, and it is mechanically ready for retirement (I'm nervously eyeing a case crack I think I have stopped).

I'm looking forward to a mechanically sound WebOS SuperSmartPhone with 4G on Sprint...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Tomas472; 02/03/2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimj82 View Post
    Youre seriously living in another world if you believe what you posted.. Im sure youre employed by or havent been following promises made and dropped by palm over the years leaving palm owners to be the laughing stock of the smart phone world...
    Why, just because he likes his phone that makes him a liar? Why wouldn't he like a phone that has the best OS on the market "still" even after all the new competition has fallen short with their OS!!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6.    #86  
    I agree with Shabby, Our OS is still awesome regardless of hardware, which to be completely honest isnt that bad if you take a step back and really think about it
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I have 2 day one Pres in my account
    Still have my Sprint Pre, but I'm ready to upgrade to something else once my upgrade comes around. I've used iOS, webOS, and Andriod and for me I prefer Andriod.
    I am the proud owner of a dual core 10" Android tablet, an iPhone 3GS with OS4, a Palm Pre, and three android phones (Droid X being main one).

I still use my Pre and am hoping they release a new model with comparable size to newer phone. The OS is wonderful, leaps in elegance over android and even a bit ahead of iOS.

I am dissapointed that Palm and now HP have failed to put it to good use as yet but it doesn't mean I am ready to ditch it.

Not that android doesn't have it's edge, just like my linux desktop at home. Doesn't mean I don't jump to my windows box for gaming or the mac for editing.
    I had Palm Pre since week 1 it came out, gone thru 6 replacements, but since my last one only lasted 6 days.. i told Sprint no need for 7th, please switch.
    i'm still on my heavily used minus...no plans to retire her to my cellphone junk draw...i have a vacant line ready to receive my new WebOs phone...whatever child it may be
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    i'm still on my heavily used minus...no plans to retire her to my cellphone junk draw...i have a vacant line ready to receive my new WebOs phone...whatever child it may be
    I hear ya, my power button close to finished, I have dropped my pre more than a few times, the back mirror is somehow scratched everywhere, and it has water damage. So I am basically in need of something, really anything that can get me through to July when I can switch to Verizon and hopefully get something better than an iPhone and hopefully palm related
    I terninated a two phone AT&T contract in July of 2009 to switch to Sprint for the Pre. My wife is still using her Pre from July even though it is cracked and has a nice chunk of black plastic missing from the side of the phone. The screen broke on my July Pre about 4 months later so I replaced it. I Pre+ my Sprint Pre last October. I have my old Pre and another Pre Plus (which my wife won't let me use to Plus her Pre... does that sound dirty?) laying around for parts if one of the phones break.

I am loyal to webOS so I will leave Sprint if they don't release a new webOS phone.
    Still on my Nov 2010 original Pre, and it's Oc'd and patched to the max. It is however a love hate relationship. Love the OS, but hate the lagginess. Can't wait for tomorrow. Not leavin Sprint, so I'll have to go the Evo route if we don't get a phone in less than "the coming months".
    to me the evo feels cheaply made. The original Motorola Droid feels like you could easily bludgeon someone with it and then make a call afterwards. I don't really consider bludgeoning as an option in a phone but that is some quality hardware.
    Last edited by kuffcakes; 02/06/2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Still have two Palm Pre. One active, the other is used to stream music via wifi, reading email, and a just-in-case. We also have two EVOs. Will get the new Pre.
    I have 2 pres and I will get whatever new hardware that comes to sprint.
    I still have my Pre Plus on AT&T and now have a Pre2 unlocked

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I just completed adding wifi to my Sprint Pixi. I've had the phone for almost exactly a year. I waited 6 mos to patch it up and almost a year to add wifi and overclock. So it's really been like having three devices over that time span!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345