View Poll Results: Do you still own a Webos phone?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I have an older Palm phone.

0 0%
  • Definitely, I am faithful.

268 74.24%
  • Yes, but I am considering other non-palm things in the near future.

67 18.56%
  • Nope, got rid of that already and I am not going back.

11 3.05%
  • No, but If something impressive comes out from Palm I will consider it.

15 4.16%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    UK pre early adopter here with early signs of usb crack and oreo development, bought otterbox tandem case to dilute the problem which seems to be taking the stress from the runners. 8 months left from 24 month contract. Getting worried it won't last the distance but hey I liked my pre from day dot and love webOS.
    Will be sticking to webOS and hopefully HP's experience will rub off on the next device. Bring it on!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Pre and Pixi. Patiently awaiting next webOS device. I have been eligible for for an upgrade since June of last year.
    I use the mobile hotspot way to much to want to get rid of it any time soon. I use my iPod touch 4 and my laptop way to much to give up the free mobile hotspot.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk on the VZW Network.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Lol, ditto that Verwon, and its actually "Kool Aid." That was one of my sorority pledge names for my pledges.
    Yea I was gonna say something too .. Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I still have mine, 7 replacements later and I'm still very excited about what the new webOS is going to offer.
    I got a used Pre from eBay last July, then waited till October when Sprint would let me activate it on my SERO plan. I'll admit I had Pre lust since I first saw the first demo videos, but couldn't justify spending the money. (Honestly, I think Sprint kinda shot themselves in the foot requiring such an expensive plan to get the Pre at launch.)

I plan on hanging on to mine till it dies, then frankensteining it back to life as many times as possible. Once it's truly dead, I'll see what my options are. I doubt I'll be leaving Sprint any time soon, certainly not as long as I can hang on to my SERO plan.
    I have a Pre, and right now WebOS looks like the best fit for what I want. But I certainly wouldn't consider myself "faithful".
    Visor > Treo300 (Handspring) > Treo650 > Treo755p > Centro(for the kids) > Day1-PalmPre(minus) >.......EVO......

Been here a long time and been through a lot. Remember when Handspring almost went under? Sprint funding Treo development? The too-early announcement of the 600? The Roadshows? The mysteriously leaked 650 Rom? Shadowmite? When Palm engineers would respond to emails telling you what was going on? The amazing 755p? Palm/PalmOne/Access/ who owns and controls what and when? The crazy investors?

Ah good times for sure. Feel a bit guilty that I am really enjoying the Evo so much. No the OS is not as smooth or elegant as webOS but goodness the hardware is so nice and I can do so many things that I couldnt on the Pre. Just to mention one: I have not "just typed" a search for a business location or a contact phone number or almost anything else since I got the thing, just say it and its there.

If HP can give me hardware and functionality and apps like I have now, I would love to come back. Er, assuming I get my Sprint Premere Gold perks!
    I have a pre and so does my girlfriend.
    Hi, I'm schizophrenic, and So am I! Maybe that's why I have two pres?!?
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Just added a third line to the family plan for the daughter making three Palm Pres in the family, all since November.
    --Chris

Palm History:

Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Lol, ditto that Verwon, and its actually "Kool Aid." That was one of my sorority pledge names for my pledges.
    LOL! I was never in a sorority, maybe if I were I'd have gotten it right.

I just think that judging someone, because they don't like or use the same products you do is complete nonsense. There were reasons that I had to move on from my Pre and there are reasons I like Apple products and use a mac.

Yes, I know you and many others understand, this is for those that don't get it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have a Pixi that is a year old. It is overclocked @ 768 and doing great. By next week it'll be a frankenPixi when I get the wifi board installed I just picked up on Ebay. The form factor sold me and I'm just not that important enough to have the biggest, baddest phone one the market. I'll just take something that works thank you.
    I have mine pre+, and I use it as a phone mostly. I might buy palm pad, if the price is right. For internet evo is the best.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Pre almost a year now and I love it! I get so much joy out this phone (okay I'm a little crazy lol).
    I think the size is perfect (hate big phones), love webos, would like the slider keyboard to be horizontal.
    Still hoping Sprint gets Pre 2. How about Pre 3 (slider keyboard horizontal other specs the same?)
    This vote is surprising.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Got a Sprint pre in July of 2009 and Pre + in March 2010 (had to move to Verizon due to roaming to much with Sprint) and am still loving it. I really like the form factor and the way it feels in my hand. I am really wanting a Pre 2 but still waiting for Verizon. Oh well at least I'm still very happy and maybe something great will be arriving that is even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    This vote is surprising.
    What aspect?
  19.    #59  
    I'm actually surprised too, I've been in OT so much I forgot how many people were actually apart of this site. But nearly 200 votes doesnt lie
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! I was never in a sorority, maybe if I were I'd have gotten it right.

I just think that judging someone, because they don't like or use the same products you do is complete nonsense. There were reasons that I had to move on from my Pre and there are reasons I like Apple products and use a mac.

Yes, I know you and many others understand, this is for those that don't get it.

Sent from my eVo
    I'm with you. A phone or any gadget is all about what You want to do with it, and a personal choice.

BTW - Sororities are no guarantee of anything.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast