View Poll Results: Do you still own a Webos phone?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I have an older Palm phone.

0 0%
  • Definitely, I am faithful.

268 74.24%
  • Yes, but I am considering other non-palm things in the near future.

67 18.56%
  • Nope, got rid of that already and I am not going back.

11 3.05%
  • No, but If something impressive comes out from Palm I will consider it.

15 4.16%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lol, I just got mines so I'm still honeymooning!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Still got my pre,
    as for faithfull,i'm starting to get the"itch".
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    +1...

Everyone is welcome.. There are many ex pre users that still come here to be helpful.. Verwon is one of them, and she is more than welcome here..

this is a community and some of us have made some good friends on here... How many friends do you have that use something other than webOS? .. But they're still your friends, no? You don't ditch em bc they carry a diff phone, that would be silly!!!

Oh I still have my pre- and verwon as a friend!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thank you, sketchy!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    How's about the option, yes I am very happy with my Pre but if something better was to come out then I would change.

The reason I ask is because I am very happy with my Pre Plus, but I'm not blind faithful to it, if something better was to come along, software+hardware then I would quickly change.
    Atm, that is not the case and webOS is the best out there atm, but I do keep an eye on other products.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thank you, sketchy!

Sent from my eVo
    Every once and a while I manage to put together a coherent sentence

Anytime

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Every once and a while I manage to put together a coherent sentence

Anytime

And I'm so proud when you do.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Still on original July 2009 Sprint Pre. USB crack but still hanging in there.
    Still with my one and only Sprint Pre since 6/15/09. Everything looks and works like the day I bought it.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I do want an iPad, love having a bigger phone and if Sprint gets the iPhone, I'll be getting one.

Sent from my eVo
    verwon....step away from the cool-aid iKettle slowly.

Seriously, I like your input here and have been sooo tempted to go to the evo. But I'm waiting it out for the 9th. Initially, I said I was waiting no longer than CES. However, with the announcement of the 9th....I can wait another month.

So, that is my vote, I'm tempted but waiting. However, I refuse to drink the Cool-Aid! I cringe when I see those "hip" snapping iCommercials come on. Quit being sheep people!
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    launch day pre, I waited outside radioshack for 10 minutes!

Still strong, the power button is malfunctioning several month ago, sorta fixed with tape solution.

1G kernel

best skin ever was good, recently put a new invisibleshield on.

Little oreo, nothing intolerable.

Still beautiful OS, I'm being reminded whenever I saw my friends' iPhone, or using my own galaxy tab.

my sprint pre plus is still holding up but feb 9th can't come soon enough
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    rocking my pre- from july '10. Had a tour before it for two months, tried the pre and never going back.

thinking of frakenpreing it if sprint doesn't get any love from hp.
    I've still got my Sprint Pre. Got it August 4, 2009, had to get a replacement middle January 2010 (the GPU had issues playing PDK games), and that Pre has been running strong since then.

But when my contract is up, I'm moving on to AT&T. Their network is fairly decent, the 3G is pretty good, and I'm going to be doing much more development at that time (as in, webOS, Android, and iOS), so I'll need a SIM-based carrier for maximum flexibility (I don't feel like logging in to the Sprint or Verizon website and swapping phones that way when I could just pop the SIM into another phone and be done with it) on my development phones (Pre+; Pre2; next GSM Palm phone -- hopefully with LTE; iPhone; and Android device).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post

Seriously, I like your input here and have been sooo tempted to go to the evo. But I'm waiting it out for the 9th. Initially, I said I was waiting no longer than CES. However, with the announcement of the 9th....I can wait another month.

So, that is my vote, I'm tempted but waiting. However, I refuse to drink the Cool-Aid! I cringe when I see those "hip" snapping iCommercials come on. Quit being sheep people!
    Honestly, my recommendation is to move on -- either to another platform or another carrier. I don't think Sprint will take another webOS device for at least a year (they'll want a guaranteed-to-sell device that doesn't have hardware issues associated with it, as is evidence by their passing on the Pre+ and Pre2).

Plus, if you move on now, you'll save on the $10/month "premium data" fee that starts February 1st while still being able to buy a webOS phone if they have one available for sale on Feb 9th.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I love my Pre soo much, honestly I don't think I would be able to switch to an Android and definitely never an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by jadiff View Post

Using what someone likes and what works is not drinking the kool-aid.

And enough with the name calling.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have mine but I'm looking .. The new phone I had was good and I liked it a lot .. but when I got metal dust on the speaker ( I'm a machinist) and it got messed up it's been downhill. Fixing the speaker they broke the volume buttons. they gave me a re-furb as a replacement the screen flickered and the speaker only worked if you squeezed the phone together. I'm on my 3rd replacement phone. The re-furb phones are JUNK. I had my last phone for over 5 years .. I've had 3 pre's since June 2010 .. not looking good
    Lol, ditto that Verwon, and its actually "Kool Aid." That was one of my sorority pledge names for my pledges.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Pre in November 2009, Pre Plus in July 2010, Pre 2 for x-mas 2010 - loved every device at its time...
    pre since november 2009. replacement after 4 weeks (touchscreen stopped working). skipped the plus for i thought i should wait for a bigger step but that would never come as i am still sitting in germany waiting for a qwertz pre 2.

dont need a feature phone nor the fastest best latest. only need webos and the portrait slider. and the river stone.

since my pre started developing the "touching itself behaviour" (but stopped again since i increased the lower screenstate speed from 125 to 250) recently, i will

a) hold my breath till februar and if there is no "upgrade" available i will
    b) run and buy one of those last plusses they sell here (quite silently while hyping the iphone4 forever)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast