Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I think today is the first time this has happened to me and my Sprint Pre (minus). I have the latest UberKernel installed, with Govnah running at 1GHz/500MHz screenstate.

I had my alarm set to wake me up at 6:45 for an appointment I had to get to. I woke up at 7:30, reached over to check the time, pressed the power button to wake the phone screen, and the lock screen displayed as usual... but it showed 5:32 for a half second or so, and then it flashed to 7:30. (5:32 was when I last woke up and reached over to check the time.) Then, immediately, my 6:45 alarm started going off! (I was late for my appointment, but that's probably outside the scope of this post!)

I was like, ***? and shrugged it off as a one-off problem. But then it happened a couple hours later. I hit the power button to check the time, and dangit, it said 7:30 for a half second, then flashed to 9:05 (the current time). I rebooted the phone, and now it's not happening anymore.

This might be related... I had data turned off during the night (to conserve battery). I don't think the clock updating has anything to do with a data connection, does it? It certainly shouldn't......

Anybody else ever have this problem? I guess I could buy an alarm clock from the dollar store if I really need one, but sheesh...

thanks,
    dave
    same with me today randomly. Haven't made any changes to the phone. Have a sprint pre minus too. Anyone else? I've restarted the phone and that hasn't helped either.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    That's bizarre! Well, I'm glad to know it's not UberKernel or any of my patches. Maybe there was some Sprint network weirdness going on this morning.
    Weird that a reboot fixed mine but not yours, though...
    Yes, it happened to me some months ago. Definitely a software issue. The answer is in the forums somewhere. Search for "losing time" i think.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    mine fixed itself right after I posted...weird
    Solution to this is to shutdown and remove the battery for a few minutes then reinstall and start it up. I had problems with this with identical come and go performance. Only fixed it with the power down and restart. I found it was not related to overclocking or any combination of patches or apps that I had.
    Last edited by gsparks2; 01/24/2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: followup