1.    #1  
    I read an article here about using your Sprint Palm Pre as an iPod Touch/iTouch, PDA, and wifi device after cancelling Sprint Mobile service. Now it won't let me get passed the Palm Profile login. (Won't accept my password!)

It states; "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. When you are in a location with service, please try again."

Does anyone know how I can get passed this?

I no longer have Sprint.

How is it that I can use my Palm Pre as a WiFi and digital media device, PDA?
    When you wipe your device, which there's no reason to do just because you left sprint, it wipes your Palm profile off the device as well. Palm still has your profile, but as the phone tells you, you can't activate the 'regular' image without connecting to your wireless carrier.

The work-a-round is to use the meta-doctor to re-flash your device with a few minor changes that will allow you to bi-pass activation, and sign into your palm profile later.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Palm has this developer program on their website called "bypass profile activation". You read the instructions, basically run the program and your phone starts up with no profile prompt.

Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

Activation bypass tool. Download it. Then make sure you read all the instructions on this website to get the best battery life.

or you could meta doctor it if you wanna be able to download App Cat. Apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Palm has this developer program on their website called "bypass profile activation". You read the instructions, basically run the program and your phone starts up with no profile prompt.

Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

Activation bypass tool. Download it. Then make sure you read all the instructions on this website to get the best battery life.

or you could meta doctor it if you wanna be able to download App Cat. Apps.
    I ran the (devicetool.jar) activation bypass file; I then ran the "First Use" app on the spare Palm Pre - that I bought; when I did that I put in a name and then a new email address (different from my original palm pre plus) now I can use the Apps Catalog and I'm able to download and update apps for the kids. Pretty neat!