Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Okay. Well this may be fine to you guys but I am SO confused...

    On 6th Jan, I got a "Question" on Formspring saying "On Feb 9th, you won't look at your phone in the same away from then on. " to which I replied "Ummmm... Okay?" because I don't think the two added together... I even thought I would have my Palm Pre Plus stolen or something by somebody!

    Today I've received another 2 possibly related "Questions".

    The first said "Feb 9th I heard." and I replied "Hmmmmm...I heard that Feb 9th will be a big day for my phone from different sources..."

    The next said "Could be the same source? Could be Topaz. i mean what." and I replied "Oooooooohhhhhh! Topaz I like the sound of this! ... I'm looking for 2.0... I mean what?".

    My answer is merely hope... But I don't speak to anybody about my Palm Pre. I have no friends who are Palm/HP/Pre-fanatics. As far as I know, I don't know anybody who is in a position to make such predictions and I have no idea why they would pick me to tell.

    Any thoughts? Sorry if you all think I'm a loony but I hope they reveal themselves after 9th Feb.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by weyyytictacs View Post
    Okay. Well this may be fine to you guys but I am SO confused...

    On 6th Jan, I got a "Question" on Formspring saying "On Feb 9th, you won't look at your phone in the same away from then on. " to which I replied "Ummmm... Okay?" because I don't think the two added together... I even thought I would have my Palm Pre Plus stolen or something by somebody!

    Today I've received another 2 possibly related "Questions".

    The first said "Feb 9th I heard." and I replied "Hmmmmm...I heard that Feb 9th will be a big day for my phone from different sources..."

    The next said "Could be the same source? Could be Topaz. i mean what." and I replied "Oooooooohhhhhh! Topaz I like the sound of this! ... I'm looking for 2.0... I mean what?".

    My answer is merely hope... But I don't speak to anybody about my Palm Pre. I have no friends who are Palm/HP/Pre-fanatics. As far as I know, I don't know anybody who is in a position to make such predictions and I have no idea why they would pick me to tell.

    Any thoughts? Sorry if you all think I'm a loony but I hope they reveal themselves after 9th Feb.
    It's most likely a friend who follows engadget, or any other tech site...
  3. #3  
    Why don't you.... Call the number and see who you get?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    It's most likely a friend who follows engadget, or any other tech site...
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from... But why wouldn't they talk to me anonymously about it? Instead of on Formspring?

    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Why don't you.... Call the number and see who you get?
    It's not a number... Its on a anonymous question website called Formspring.
    Last edited by weyyytictacs; 01/24/2011 at 01:50 AM.
  5. #5  
    i bet its just a friend of yours playing a prank. he/she may not be into palm, but knows you are.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i bet its just a friend of yours playing a prank. he/she may not be into palm, but knows you are.
    +1

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by weyyytictacs View Post
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from... But why wouldn't they talk to me anonymously about it? Instead of on Formspring?



    It's not a number... Its on a anonymous question website called Formspring.

    James Allison (weyyytictacs) | Formspring
    Now that everyone here knows how to send you anonymous questions, I'm betting you will have many copy cat questioners.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Now that everyone here knows how to send you anonymous questions, I'm betting you will have many copy cat questioners.
    Lol ... Too late

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #10  
    Long thread titles with a lot of OP text aren't credible.
    It's so obvious.

    A good and true rumor is short and to the point.
    Too much text = lies.
  11. #11  
    I don't think you're looney--I think you should be on your guard. Tell someone about it--someone you trust and see face-to-face every day.

    I don't know if you're a man, woman, teenager, or what. But when people start messing around with cryptic messages in bad English, red flags go up in my mind. Your first gut reaction was probably on the mark--this is bad news.

    Please beware. At best it's someone being stupid. At worst, someone's pinpointed you for something they want. I would not answer this person again and I would definitely bring a loved one in on it. It can't hurt to have some back up and it may save your life.
    Last edited by katefields; 01/24/2011 at 12:37 AM.
  12. #12  
    Yes, it's always nice to have a loved one save your life.
    Someone might try to shoot you over TCP/IP.
  13.    #13  
    This turned out to be a friend of mine who works at o2UK... Should have known........

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions