1.    #1  
    hey guys,

I might be experiencing my first pre plus hardware problem...almost on my one year anniversary of the phone, and thus my warranty may be ending soon...need some advice.

over the past 10 days I've noticed a white screen blotch on the right side of my screen...it has an orangish tinge on a white background. It seems intermittent, and is more pronounced when using the phone for a while.

I am using uberkernel, 250/1000, device temps range from 25-42.

is this a dead pixel issue, a complication of overheating, a problem with overclocking, or a result of my habit to charge the pre on the touchstone whenever and wherever possible?

I'm not sure what to do as I believe I am only a few days away from my one year warranty

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    It's not damage but an issue when the device gets heated up for a while. See it alot at the bottom part of the screen an go away when the device cools off. Price for having all that hardware that can operate at higher temps than the optimal temp range for LCD screens.

If it has never done this in the past and it is starting to impeed the ability to see then go for the repalcement before the warranty dies.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    not a dead pixel, but if it happens regularly u should get it replaced before the warranty runs out...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hey guys,
    over the past 10 days I've noticed a white screen blotch on the right side of my screen...

is this a dead pixel issue, a complication of overheating, a problem with overclocking, or a result of my habit to charge the pre on the touchstone whenever and wherever possible?
    Can you post a picture?
    I'm going to guess no. If it's an actual problem with the display itself.....a screen capture will not capture whatever is physically wrong with the screen, however, take a digital camera and that may be possible. Agree with post 2&3, take it in before it's too late.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm going to guess no. If it's an actual problem with the display itself.....a screen capture will not capture whatever is physically wrong with the screen
    That's why I didn't ask for a screen capture.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    however, take a digital camera and that may be possible.
    Yes...sort of like a picture.
    Thanks for sorting me out I feel better now
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    always worried about the refurbs, esp with the pre phones...i don't wanna be like those "im on my 16th pre" people.
    this phone has otherwise been rock steady.

that being said, I am worried about the blotches since this is a new issue...
  9.    #9  
    has anyone else had this issue and/or made a successful return for this issue?