Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    where is it I read about it all the time but I can't find it. I coulda sworn there is an app for the palm pre to turn it into a mobile hotspot.

anybody know where it is
    Do you have Preware in your phone? I'm not sure if it's in there or has to be installed with QI.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yeah I have preware and I have sprint I don't know if that matters
    Did you check for it in Preware?

I've never used it, so I'm just trying to figure out where you'd get the file.

Sent from my eVo
    Okay, popped back onto my computer to search, looks like the instructions and information are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...1-1-4-5-a.html
    go download the files from a torrent site like PB. They arent available here. If you have any questions pm me.
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    If you don't want to put a hacked version of mobile hotspot on your device, try freeTether in preware. You will need to have the webos internals testing feeds on. Works great for me. If you don't have the testing feeds, you will need to do a search to find out how to add them in preware.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    freeTether is the best!

google webos internals testing feeds. Follow the directions on how to add the 2 feeds to preware you need to get freeTether app. It's easy!

If you want to tether, you will need to download a driver. Google that too. Tethering is better because the internet seems faster and my pre doesn't heat up.

I got all my instructions by google. Good Luck.
    I started usb tethering via free tether. Works so much better.