1.    #1  
    I recently installed a theme on my pre, when I removed the theme it left my music app unuseable and the messaging app messed up. When I doctor it it stops at 4% restarts my phone and quickly jumps to 8%. Please help!
    You need to try the doctor in recovery mode. Run doctor on the PC until it asks you to connect the phone. While holding the up-volume button, plug it in to the laptop. keep the button down, when you see a battery symbol with a question mark, keep holding down the button and insert the battery. When it shows a giant usb icon, let go of the volume button. The doctor will check for sufficient battery charge. As soon as it is charged to about 30%, it will run through to 100 percent completion. If the batery is charged, it will start doctoring in less than a minute. If the batteyr is low it will wait until charged enough to complete te doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You need to try the doctor in recovery mode. Run doctor on the PC until it asks you to connect the phone. While holding the up-volume button, plug it in to the laptop. keep the button down, when you see a battery symbol with a question mark, keep holding down the button and insert the battery. When it shows a giant usb icon, let go of the volume button. The doctor will check for sufficient battery charge. As soon as it is charged to about 30%, it will run through to 100 percent completion. If the batery is charged, it will start doctoring in less than a minute. If the batteyr is low it will wait until charged enough to complete te doctor.
    Lol! You skipped the part about removing the battery to begin with, so your instructions look kind of odd.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    I have tried this too. I am ising a vista intel desktop. I doctored it a few months ago on my xp amd athlon, but I have recently replaced the hard drive so I can't use xp. Vista always messes everything up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by richyrocket3051 View Post
    I recently installed a theme on my pre, when I removed the theme it left my music app unuseable and the messaging app messed up. When I doctor it it stops at 4% restarts my phone and quickly jumps to 8%. Please help!
    This is normal if not running the doctor via recovery mode. Sooo does the doctor give an error at 8% or is it hanging here for a very long time?

Make sure to have at least Java 1.5 or higher and try to not use a USB HUB or Port replicator for this.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  6.    #6  
    it hangs at 8 percent, then the phone restarts and the error message pops up after the phone starts up. She has the newest javascript on the computer, but I'm using the usb port on the front of the computer so would that be a problem?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    how do u do this

If the webOS Doctor continually disconnects at 8%, then you probably have a corrupted USB drive. This is how you can fix that (note that this will completely and utterly destroy all data on the USB drive).

First put the device into recovery mode, then memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar):
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My phone was doing the same thing until I moved the USB cable to a port on the back of the computer. O tried 3 times with it plugged into a front USB port and got the same result every time. As soon as I moved the cable, it worked the first time. Also, as others have said, make sure the phone is in recovery/download mode when using the doctor.