1.    #1  
    I have a sprint pre and I lost the sticker behind the battery that has all the numbers. Is there another way to find the dec#? ##run# does not show it...
    thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    if you can get in to your phone, click the Device Info icon and then click More Info. It should be there. If you cant get in to the phone because its not active, you may have to use the bypass activation tool
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

get in, get the esn, then doctor the phone to bring it back to stock and reverse the bypass acitivation tool.

Of course, there is a patch to enable profiles on a bypass activation pre, but ive never done that.
    I need to know the DEC number of my currently functioning Sprint frankenPre plus. I opened Device Info, tapped more, and it wasn't there. On that screen, there are two tabs, Software and Hardware. The Software tab just has a list of apps and system software.

On the Hardware tab is...
    MODEL P100EWW
    WI-FI (the MAC address of my Wi-Fi adapater)
    BLUETOOTH (the MAC address of my bluetooth adapater)
    HARDWARE VERSION A

A section entitled "Supported Bluetooth profiles"

Followed by...
    CARRIER Sprint
    MSID (my phone number)

Any other ideas on how to determine the actual DEC number? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I need to know the DEC number of my currently functioning Sprint frankenPre plus. I opened Device Info, tapped more, and it wasn't there. On that screen, there are two tabs, Software and Hardware. The Software tab just has a list of apps and system software.

On the Hardware tab is...
    MODEL P100EWW
    WI-FI (the MAC address of my Wi-Fi adapater)
    BLUETOOTH (the MAC address of my bluetooth adapater)
    HARDWARE VERSION A

A section entitled "Supported Bluetooth profiles"

Followed by...
    CARRIER Sprint
    MSID (my phone number)

Any other ideas on how to determine the actual DEC number? Thanks!
    It's on a sticker behind the battery on the husk of a pre- you should have laying around from when you swapped comm boards. You still have it?

I was looking around in Impostah and could only find the HEX, not the DEC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    It's on a sticker behind the battery on the husk of a pre- you should have laying around from when you swapped comm boards. You still have it?
    No, that's why I'm asking. I foolishly turned it over to my 10-year-old son who, along with his 8-year-old cousin, had a grand time pulling it apart. I examined the remains and it was long gone. My son said, "yeah, I remember that sticker. It was one of the first things I pulled off to see if there was something under it."
    Hmmm. I'd ask Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Hmmm. I'd ask Rod.
    OK, hey Rod Whitby?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Do you still have the box the phone came in? The DEC # is on the box.
    ##DATA# then tap menu and then advanced.
    ESN should be at the top.
    ##786#
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    Do you still have the box the phone came in? The DEC # is on the box.
    Oh, that's a good thought. It's possible it's in a closet somewhere. It would be nice to find out if it's available on the phone itself, rather than hardcopy like a label or box. But this is a good last resort. I'll just have to hope I have the right box (the original phone was a replacement, so it's possible I have more than one box).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    ##DATA# then tap menu and then advanced.
    ESN should be at the top.
    Thanks, I have the ESN, but it's not the same as the DEC number that Sprint requires to activate a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ##786#
    ... and???? I don't see it there.
    When I run webOS Internals Show Properties app, I see a number labeled "DMCLoAUTHNAME" that looks like it may be the DEC number. I'll check the wiki...

... can't find a specific wiki for "Show Properties"

Nope, "DMCLoAUTHNAME" is not it.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 05/23/2011 at 08:38 AM.
    OK, I got it, thanks to japark's excellent suggestion. I found the box, and I was able to confirm that it's the right box using ##786#, which shows a field labeled "MEID" and shows the same as the "MEID HEX" shown on the sticker.

The DEC number is an 18-character numeric string (all numbers, no letters) beginning with "27". Sprint calls it the "DEC" number. For some reason, they won't activate a phone without it (at least in my experience). On the sticker, it's labeled "MEID DEC."

So now, here's my question: given the "MEID HEX" (which I now know, you can get using ##786# or ##DATA# or ##3282#), is there some formula to convert it into "MEID DEC"?

I tried punching the HEX number into my Windows calculator and convert it to DEC, but it didn't come out the same.
    As an interesting but trivial side note, I just tried ##786# on my old unactivated Treo 755p, and it gave ESN in both Hex and Dec. It does not show an MEID.