Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'm a UK GSM Pre Plus user and i wanted to know what happened to the Amazon MP3 store...is there anyway to get it...or is it already eol?
    It's still on phones in the US. Was it ever on european phones? I have no idea if it was.
    I'm only finding that they put it on UK Android phones, last year.

So, I'm not sure if it's available for other types of handsets.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Yeah that's why i am curious. My Nexus One came with the Amazon app and i remember Palm launching the original Pre with it too. Hence why i was wondering. I guess it never made it outside the US.
    Sorry!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Can you purchase Amazon MP3s on you home computer and then download them on your Pre. This is how I have always done it, I like the fact that I always have a copy of the music on my laptop.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Yeah i can. I've just been spoilt by having iTunes/Amazon at my fingertips when mobile but oh well.
    Like the BBCi Player I think this and many other main stream UK apps never made it to webOS as a direct result of 02's failure as a carrier, all they cared about was the iPhone why Palm went with 02 in the first place beggars belief, they had at the time the exclusive UK iPhone market why would they even bother trying to sell at the time a potential rival? They never really got behind it and eventually removed the separate link from thier store page and lumped the Pre in with the other smartphones. Way to go 02!

If done right and on another network I think it would have sold much better in the UK as it is we just have to hope that when HP release new webOS phones it is on all networks and they back it up with promotions, TV spots and UK specific apps, that's the only way I ever see us getting big name UK apps, if it wasn't for the indie app developers we would have very little in the way of apps for the UK users, as it is we are still missing some very basic apps including the MP3 store which exists only for UK Android users.

So I for one am looking forward to Feb 9th to see what we may get in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Copy the Amazon ipk to your USB partition and then from the command line:

mount / -oremount,rw
    cd /media/internal
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install ./nameidontknow.ipk

Something like this. I've done it in the past, and it seemed to work.
    Thanks for this, If I can I will give it a go, hopefully it will work.
    Found the sprint firmware, extracted it using 7zip, added ipk to downloads folder in USB drive, installed using Internalz! Took me less than five minutes to install... that was easier than I thought!

UPDATE...

Well have tried for the past two days to sign into the app but no luck so not sure what else to do... it's there, it's in my app list (see below screen shot), it works in that I can preview, search etc but I guess it has some kind of protection on it that prevents it being used to buy songs in the UK

Last edited by leobloom; 01/23/2011 at 06:53 AM.