1.    #1  
    So this is going to be my 3rd trip I think. My first one was when my volume buttons started going bad and when they messed with it, they messed up my speaker. They sent me a replacement and that one had a bad mic. Now this one the headset jack is messed up. I can't listen to anything because it will give static and change songs whenever I bump it.

This is getting annoying. Is there any chance at all that I can swap it for an Android device? I'd be happy with a Hero.

I never thought I'd be upset with my Pre, but it's really annoying to have to drive 1.5 hours to a Sprint store just because of the build quality. What sucks is mine was fine until they opened it up and started mucking around in it.
    When I got fed up with replacing my Pre, the Hero was one of the choices Sprint offered as a replacement. Many here will tell you that you won't like the Hero. I have never used it but have some friends who are happy with it. You may want to try it out before committing to a swap if you can as I've seen/heard mixed reviews.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I love webOS, but, the hardware's getting annoying. I was actually out with a friend the other day (could've maybe been considered a date) and we were looking for a place to eat. Well, GoogleMaps had me pinpointed somewhere within a 20 mile radius. No help at all, and a bit embarrassing, especially since everyone else we know has iPhones and doesn't have that issue.

My brother has a Hero and he loves Android. When I got the Pre, it was a tossup between that and the Hero. Being a Palm loyalist for the past 4 years I went with the Pre, and I still really like it, but this is getting annoying.
    Last edited by davidg4781; 01/21/2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: apparently it didn't like some of the other terms I was using for loyalist, not sure why...
    I think they will let you swap it for an Android phone. I think it was the Samsung Intercept or something like that. A mid-level Android phone. But if you can tough it out, hopefully we will find out at HP's big event when they are releasing new phones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5.    #5  
    Well, this will be a warranty replacement so it won't count towards my upgrade. I also read where they're changing the Premier upgrade dates so I may have to wait another year before I can upgrade.

Hopefully by then the iPhone will be on Sprint.
    Your first mistake was getting a replacement. After Sprint broke it, you should have sent it in to Palm so they can repair it. Most replacements are just refurbs, and most Pre refurbs are of bad quality. Having Palm take a look at it means you get professional engineers to look at it instead of Sprint techs, and if you're still in warranty, they look at it for free.
    I actually just took mine into a sprint store for a Faulty headset jack and faulty speaker. I had the speaker replaced but, I dont know if this has been addressed before. But the sprint rep that was working on my phone showed me that the reason my headset jack was was crackly and fading in and out was because of corrosion. She had the phone dissasembled and she showed me the "guts" of the phone and the small resistor under the contact points for the headset jack was actually powdered in what looked almost like battery acid. She cleaned it with an alcohol pad and placed a black foamy sponge thing over it and replaced my jack. So far so good. Now my slider is getting more loose by the day.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Your first mistake was getting a replacement. After Sprint broke it, you should have sent it in to Palm so they can repair it. Most replacements are just refurbs, and most Pre refurbs are of bad quality. Having Palm take a look at it means you get professional engineers to look at it instead of Sprint techs, and if you're still in warranty, they look at it for free.
    I agree with your overall sentiment, but believe me, no company pays engineering rates to repair equipment like phones (at least in the US). They use skilled techs (and the lower labor rate).

And in many cases, skilled techs are better than us engineers.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I wouldn't suggest the hero from my personal experience. I'm a pre owner and the wife has a hero for about a year. It has been nothing but frustrations since the beginning- very unstable with BT connections and constant force close errors. In stock form the phone is extremely laggy to the point it's difficult to even answer a phone call. Sprint replaced it recently with a refurb but it didn't help. I had to root it and load a non-sense rom and overclock kernal to get it even usable. Wife still hates the phone so I am doing a sprint pre plus conversion this week for her to use until hopefully the new palm comes to sprint. She's done with android. Good luck this is just my two cents.

Adrand