1.    #1  
    I have a pre (sprint) and have recentlyh purchased a new one from HP

having tryed all the published tools "Pre backup", "save/restore" ect they are not doing what I want
    two questions:
    is there a way to make an image of the entire file system to some external device or file system via "dd" or somting simular ?

I also see that WebOs seems to support NFS but there is some quirk in that I cannot mount a NFS share from my linux box (via usb or WiFi)
    I can see on the NFS server that it starts to mount the volume but never completes seems like a port pair problem anyone have any info ?

basicly I am looking to clone/image the WebOs from one pre to another
    I do know and would not expect to "clone" the phone ... just the OS part

and I do know my way around linux/unix/solaris ect....
    The "OS Image" is essentially what the webOS DOctor is. SavedPackageList and Save/Restore are backing up; your preware stuff and your application data.
  3.    #3  
    Correct, I understand what the doctor is and does, the save/restore and pre backup only
    backup certain files and directorys. i want to back up the intire file system
    essentualy a webos doctor but one that has an image of my phone. I have some very serious customazations and QS level apps (unique perposes and propritary) that where
    not installed in the normal fassion that I don't partuculary want to re invent
    So you want to create your own webOS dr?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #5  
    yes that is correct
    How did you end up doing that? If you remember, it's been awhile.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    you can copy palmdatabase.db3 from one pre to another and it will save a lot, though not all, of your settings. make sure the donor and recipient are exactly the same os version and are patch-free.