Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My pre got the eerpiece failure about 10 days ago- my insurence replaced it and 2 days after that i dropped the replacement phone in water

Obviously insurance will not cover another replacement especially with water damage so i got a phone sprint palm pre on ebay as a replacement from a reputable ebay phone dealer..

I activated online and turned it on but it just says to enter palm profile and it says "cannot connect to network" or something along those lines and to try again when connected.. is the ESN bad? How can i fix it?

Is it still activated from the last user and now mine to? How do i reboot/clear the phone without being about to get to menu's

thanks
    You'll need to call Sprint and they'll walk you through resetting some programming to get it working. It's a common problem with used Pres.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    And the insurance will cover water damage, if you have the full TEP, but you'd likely have to pay the deductible.

Sent from my eVo
    call sprint to see if the esn is bad or take it to a store.

if it is bad, your only real option is to put developer software on but you can only use wifi i believe, no 3g or sprint network. you can find developer software on the palm website.
    You should never have to use insurance to replace a phone with an ear piece failure, and by insurance I mean where you pay your deductible and you get a new phone...sprint service and repair should cover that....

The insurance should cover water damage but you have to pay the $100 deductible to the insurance provider(most likely assurion.)
    ##786# full reset using MSL (get from sprint if you don't have from the online activation screen) and evdo icon should pop up after restarting. Might have to do it twice but usually works the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDiva View Post
    ##786# full reset using MSL (get from sprint if you don't have from the online activation screen) and evdo icon should pop up after restarting. Might have to do it twice but usually works the first time.
    Thanks, I couldn't remember the specifics of how to do it, been awhile since I had to do it on my Pre.

Sent from my eVo
    What MissDiva said.

If you are at that screen the ESN is good. Now you just need to call sprint and ask for the MSL.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html