1.    #1  
    is it broken? Is the palm pre not supported anymore?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to view any doc's either for about a month now. Any thoughts would be great!
    Same here no pdf or docs.. Maybe 1 out of every 8 hit

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The PDF app is very bad, and so far from what I've read there is no hint of improvement with webOS 2.x

I hope Palm pays attention to these complaints.
    Both work fine for me, granted I am viewing some older PDFs and .docs on my phone. Are you guys having problems with new ones, or old ones too?

I am hoping this was just a quirk... I just went to google and searched PDF and clicked the first PDF link I saw, it was to a .gov site so I trust it, downloaded it and launched it. When PDF View came up, Luna restarted.

Well well. The 2011 W4 form from the IRS will restart Luna. Who knew? Anyway, any other PDF I download loads just fine.
    I have never had any problems viewing pdf's, powerpoints, or word files.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    nope, can't view pdf's about 1/2 the time.
    pdf viewing has become hit or miss since 1.4.5. I believe it's a known bug.

however, someone's post above stating that the problem persists with the pre 2, and therefore webos 2.0, is of concern...
  9. r9s
    my pdf viewer going crash when inside pdf are a lot of images
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Almost never able to view PDF's. Whether forms or scans, with or without OCR. Nothing seems to matter.
    Dan
    I've never had a problem with this and I have about 15 PDFs on my phone that I read almost daily.
    Occasionally I can view a PDF, but not very often. This is probably by biggest upset about the phone.

You might have some success using Google Docs in the browser to read PDF files. The interface isn't the most conducive to mobile reading, but it works.
    I have had been unable to view over 80% of the pdf's that I have tried over the past several months on my Pre Plus. Occasional pictures can be viewed, but no text images. Very disappointing. Hope there is a fix coming with webos 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Both work fine for me, granted I am viewing some older PDFs and .docs on my phone. Are you guys having problems with new ones, or old ones too?

I am hoping this was just a quirk... I just went to google and searched PDF and clicked the first PDF link I saw, it was to a .gov site so I trust it, downloaded it and launched it. When PDF View came up, Luna restarted.

Well well. The 2011 W4 form from the IRS will restart Luna. Who knew? Anyway, any other PDF I download loads just fine.
    Hopefully this will be fixed in 2.x. Palm is definitely supporting a .pdf reader, they just need to make it work...

I haven't seen any pattern between older .pdf or newer .pdf files. Have you found a pattern such as files created with a particular version of Acrobat? Or maybe files with a certain type of read-only protection applied?

The saddest part to me is that if you go to Palm's support site... you can read the User Guide for the Sprint Pre, but not for the Verizon or AT&T Pre... One would think Palm would make sure they published them in a manner that could be read by the phones that are being documented in the .pdf they post on their own site... just sayin

Has anyone seen a pattern for what is different between .pdf files that work and those that don't? Can someone call Rainman or Monk?
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    I'm 50/50 at best too. Probably more like 25/75 against. It is somewhat frustrating. I find more and more I'll not bother trying.