Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, got a question.

My wife receives calls from an automatic calling system that offers substitute positions for work.

Anyway, when this system calls, it is almost impossible to get it to accept here PIN. When she calls the system to check on her account, available postings, etc. the system has no trouble recognizing her PIN.

My thoughts are that the starting, duration, etc. of the DTMF tones is inconsistent on the incoming call.

My question. Is there any way in the dialer, with an active call, to enter a shortcut and have the phone autodial the proper number. This is a 9 digit number followed by a # sign that she has to enter each time it calls. So far she has never had it work.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
    Dan
    so you want to dial 333-444-5555 then you have to wait for a certain amount of time where you have to press # and then some sort of password?
    press and hold * for a t(timed pause) or press and hold # for a p(hardpause)
    then you would type in 333-444-5555p#txxxx or something to that effect.
    I believe when you use the hard pause a button will appear to allow you to enter the rest of the numbers(haven't tried that one)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You might have her use the real numbers on the keyboard, rather than the touch numbers on the screen.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply and that works when we call the system. However, the real problem is when the system calls us, is there any way to enter a shortcut into the dialer while the line is open?
    Dan
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You might have her use the real numbers on the keyboard, rather than the touch numbers on the screen.
    Thanks but that doesn't seem to work either. It seems to be the way the phone "dials" the digits while it is busy in the answering mode.
    Dan
    I see what you're getting at now. Sounds like a job for Patchman! I thought if maybe you had the password saved as a contact, you could pull up said contact and dial the number, instead it tries to do a 3-way call.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I see what you're getting at now. Sounds like a job for Patchman! I thought if maybe you had the password saved as a contact, you could pull up said contact and dial the number, instead it tries to do a 3-way call.
    Yup, tried that and got the 3-way call. - I could digress here but will not
    Dan