Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I know there are probably a few threads like this, but I just felt like ranting to people that would understand.

I've been waiting and waiting for an upgrade from the original Pre. Even when I first got this one (my 4th overall), it had the oreo effect. But I love WebOS, so I hung in there.

But now? It's like having a computer with a virus on it. It stalls a ton (I have to just wait for it to kick back on), I have to restart apps all the time (apps like the camera or picture-viewer...stuff the phone came with), the camera and video camera are VERY unreliable, and sometimes it just plain crashes.

And now I'm hearing we won't get something new until summer of this year?! Come on! I expected to be able to upgrade ONE year later. You know, the perk of being a Premier Customer, which is pretty useless now.

I've got this phone pretty patched, so I really don't want to go through the hassle of trading it in. Not that I think I can anyways because the Pre isn't even on Sprint's website anymore (in their list of phones for sale).

I wish I didn't like WebOS so much, honestly.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Maybe your phone needs a doctoring. Hang in there. We wont know for sure when we are getting new stuff until the 9th.
    My sprint Pre finally died, and I replaced it with the cheapest, most abused Pre I could find that looked like it might last a couple of months. I'm due for an upgrade and just waiting to see what happens next month. If Palm puts some real upgrades out with solid carrier agreements, then I'll choose my next phone out of what they offer. If not, I'll probably move on. The Pre was my first real smart phone, and I love it, but it's time for an upgrade. Another Palm is my first choice, but if that's not an option......
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    The sad thing is, I would be totally happy with my original Pre if it wasn't breaking down. I mean, WebOS 2 has some neat stuff, but it's not anything I absolutely need.

I'm just waiting to see what HPalm announces, too. My Pre is just, overall, unresponsive at times and completely unreliable.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor